• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Oxytown Rennovation

Are you an active resident of Oxytown?

• Total voters

moondoggy23

So, I'm still a resident of Oxytown for the next few days, until I finish my home in Eagle Pass and stay there for a while. It would seem there are a number of players who have done the same. I'm unable to see the map a majority of the day since my computer at work is a royal POS (basically a slave system to the mainframe), but whenever I do get online, there has been regularly zero people in Oxytown. Granted, some residents may be in The Outlands gathering resources, or helping out in Eagle Pass, but there seems to be only a handful of active residents in Oxytown.

I think it's time we did some rennovation.

There have been regular complaints from people that Oxytown is too confusing to navigate due to how cluttered all of the buildings are in the city. I have two suggestions to improve this issue:

My first reccommendation is that we begin destroying empty/abandoned homes and also create a walkway/minecart system through Oxytown that will make navigation through the city easier. Hopefully with some of the buildings gone, the walkway/tracks will be more of a grid pattern, similar to Eagle Pass.

My second reccommendation is that Oxytown gets wiped. We restart Oxytown and re-use it as the new city instead of creating Elm Creek. We can issue notices to everyone that Oxytown will be getting wiped and people with build permissions there and still have things there can go retrieve their items and either place them in a local storage area that will be preserved, or take them to Eagle Pass/The Outlands and move them back to Oxytown and rebuild.

In both scenarios, time must be given to people who left things in Oxytown and still want them to get them and move them out before being destroyed/reclaimed. I think rennovating or recycling Oxytown will reviatlize the city and also reopen it to new applicants since it may be possible to create more room for more residents.

Hi there,
I'm not sure about anybody else but i was planning on moving into EP, so i'm using the vault/empty chests in Oxytown to store items until i move. So pretty much i'm doing the same thing, but i'm not a permanent resident.
Oh btw if a wipe does come along we normally all somehow get notified right?

Leon

Normally. The last time it happened we got 10 minutes :confused:

Anyway, I'm so opposed to the second option it isn't funny. I would have to mine 450 obsidian and pack up almost 500 chests plus contents.

Besides, there's nothing wrong with OxyTown. I like it as it is.

Oxytown does have a charm about it that makes it feel old city-like (something like London or Boston) with its winding walkways and all, but I think we should do something about the homes that have been recently abandoned, either give them to new players, or level the home and allow new players to move in and build where they please.

1. Don't destroy oxytown.

2. I feel like you would need a ridiculously complex system to reclaim land from oxytown... to find out what is abandoned, and what is not.

I still live in oxytown and no I don't want to move. I think the area nearest the portal can be renovated though. Oxytown is like a ghost town nowadays

2. I feel like you would need a ridiculously complex system to reclaim land from oxytown... to find out what is abandoned, and what is not.

Not neccessarily. You can post a notice on the forums or even in Oxytown notifying people their homes may be destroyed or given to someone else if they do not reply within a set amount of time. We could someone a month's time to verify whether they have abandoned the home or not.

Oxytown is virtually a ghost town at this point, and it just makes more sense to me to start allowing new residents into Oxytown if some of the older residents have left for other places since then.

Also whatever happened to the whole "if you move destroy your old house" thing? I notice many oxytown residents have houses in EP and either didn't demo their old one or just stripped it out for materials. I was never really for this rule (hence I still live in Ozy) but if people would have followed it we wouldn't have so many abandoned buildings everywhere

I was/am a resident of Oxytown. My place was wiped during the last reset and I wasn't around for the 10 minute warning. I was bummed about that and haven't bothered to build anything after that. I'm just looking for a place to have a couple of chests that won't be wiped.

I think having multiple resets because we are tired of a town seems crazy to me. We should have a more organic way of morphing a town once it becomes less modern/wanted/organized. If there were a way to claim abandoned structures, that would be a good start.

Assuming we do actually decide to demolish abandoned buildings,
there is a real simple solution to see if a structure is abandoned.

put a sign on the front door (or the closest thing to the front door) of all the structures in question that reads:
Please take down
this Free Sign
ONLY if you
live here​

Wait several weeks and demolish anything that still has a sign.
This way even people who don't go on the forums will have plenty of notice.

This process isnt perfect but its easy to do and quick. Only problem would be if someone took down every sign they could find just to be an [censored] but the town is white listed and how easy it is to make signs hopefully we wouldn't have this kind of issue.

I mean I agree on you with sometimes OxyTown having no people there.

There could be some improvements with empty buildings, and also a minecart system would be smart. But Some people like to live in OxyTown due to the item storage there, and almost completely never gets wiped.

Like I said, there could be some improvements with empty buildings, maybe move them or destroy them, But all in all, i think oxytown should stay the way it is due to the reliable source it is to store resources

I still currently have a house in Oxytown along with my storage... I agree with Gurw rebuilding my storage sounds awful... But I do believe downtown needs to be renovated, there are some lame square buildings laying vacant that could be given to new players to rebuild on the lots.

This could give life and revive the use of downtown oxytown..... I currently see oxytown as a more creative place to build (other than a few places) where there arent as many rules as EP, this is something I think some players will enjoy and are able to do what they want on the space available...

So I do agree some projects to get rid of some buildings, especially the ones that are an eyesore, downtown would be a good way to revitalize the use of Oxytown

there should be a system available that checked when was the user last on.
before we demolish the suspiciously unvisited houses, we should check for those houses whose users still do visit the town. Some people could agree to demolish their house if they have one in EP or because they didnt really have any use for it *looking at konflakes' cylinder tower* there are also random builds like the longcat tower, but thats an issue you should discuss with rileyper.

some unfinished builds or foundations could be removed.

Just gather a 20-man group... hollow everything under Oxytown and live there instead. Make it biginormogantuanssiveumougus combo meal.

Well like dougjlb has a huge castle right there by the portal and I haven't seen him on in over a month.... Stuff like that needs to go. It is just taking up too much space

there should be a system available that checked when was the user last on.
before we demolish the suspiciously unvisited houses, we should check for those houses whose users still do visit the town. Some people could agree to demolish their house if they have one in EP or because they didnt really have any use for it *looking at konflakes' cylinder tower* there are also random builds like the longcat tower, but thats an issue you should discuss with rileyper.

some unfinished builds or foundations could be removed.

Residen evil abandoned city with underground live ? :) so turn on plenty of mobs on surface even on daylight and turn on nuclear winter !! :)

Btw ... riley bridge seems pretty bad with abandoned buildings. I want to build a rail on or below it, so 4 all active residents, can we meet sometime and discuss it ?

There was a rail underneath it, not twinned, but it was there. Not sure if someone griefed it....

Back