PAX EAST 2012 - Discussion thread

Casham

Ohai, post relevant info regarding Pax East 2012 here, whether it be updates or other random crap.

Also, this.
bgZy4.jpg

I just wanna make a post about this years PAX, and my plans for the future. It looks like PAX 2012 was a great time for everyone, and the photos I've seen so far have convinced me that I really want to go with you guys next year. I will be 18 by next year's PAX, and I am curious on what sort of limitations those under 21 have, in regards to our group. Also, I should probably start saving up for next year, so would some of those who attended PAX this year mind posting your method of travel and total cost? Thanks, and have a great day.

I just wanna make a post about this years PAX, and my plans for the future. It looks like PAX 2012 was a great time for everyone, and the photos I've seen so far have convinced me that I really want to go with you guys next year. I will be 18 by next year's PAX, and I am curious on what sort of limitations those under 21 have, in regards to our group. Also, I should probably start saving up for next year, so would some of those who attended PAX this year mind posting your method of travel and total cost? Thanks, and have a great day.
It varies depending on where you are. See the official PA forums for more info ;)

PAX 2013 will be even better. Now that ive gone i know what to bring and what to expect.

Ill try and be more active with team 9000. Id love to see a booth and spme sponsors and cards and free swag for handing out.

I know im going to make like 10000 cards at least.

As for limitations, I'm 20 and all that I was restricted from doing at PAX was buying or consuming alcohol. Thats it.

Cost for me:
$200 for my share of the hotel room
$60? for the PAX Badge (Can't remember the price it was)
$18 for train ticket down
$18 for train ticket back up

As for limitations, I'm 20 and all that I was restricted from doing at PAX was buying or consuming alcohol. Thats it.

Cost for me:
$200 for my share of the hotel room
$60? for the PAX Badge (Can't remember the price it was)
$18 for train ticket down
$18 for train ticket back up
Thanks pro. So it appears that my biggest expense will be travel (PAX Train) at around $500 (Round trip, from Texas). As for the under 21 thing, I was under the impression from a post in the other PAX thread that under 21 wouldn't be able to hang with the other, over 21, members, at least for certain things. (Such as crazy drinking at the hotel.) And on the topic of alcohol, that's not a concern of mine, I no likey the taste :)

I'll definitely be going to PAX sometime in the future. When, I'm not sure. And it probably won't be with T9K since I already have nerdy friends IRL.

Thanks pro. So it appears that my biggest expense will be travel (PAX Train) at around $500 (Round trip, from Texas). As for the under 21 thing, I was under the impression from a post in the other PAX thread that under 21 wouldn't be able to hang with the other, over 21, members, at least for certain things. (Such as crazy drinking at the hotel.) And on the topic of alcohol, that's not a concern of mine, I no likey the taste :)
Only times I wasn't with the group was if they were at the bar or in the Expo Hall (I wandered off to look at stuff)
Otherwise nothing prevented me from hanging out with them or having a great time.

I'll definitely be going to PAX sometime in the future. When, I'm not sure. And it probably won't be with T9K since I already have nerdy friends IRL.
Lol, I wish I had more nerdy friends IRL.
Only times I wasn't with the group was if they were at the bar or in the Expo Hall (I wandered off to look at stuff)
Otherwise nothing prevented me from hanging out with them or having a great time.
That's great news. I'm gonna go ahead and put myself as a tentative yes to PAX 2013! I am already counting the days...

PAX was amazing. The best time I have ever had. Constant amusement, laughing, cosplay girls, awesome food, and so much more.

There were some snags here and there, but all in all it went smooth as butter.

Cost wise, bring loads of cash. Outside of your travel expenses I would say at least $300. I went through $240 and I had to hold back. If you want souvenirs and stuff from the floor, and if you want to drink heartily, you needs mula. Also food is expensive near the hotel.

Pics coming but the lollipop girl singed my room key :)

Funny thing. Apparently there is rule at PAX that booth babes aren't allowed, and so she got kicked out. Here's the article. I didn't know this rule existed, and now that I think back on it, I don't remember seein any other booth babes, except for some guy at the Predator vs. Aliens booth. I guess since his junk wasn't halfway hanging out, they didn't kick him. Or maybe they did and I didn't notice.

Back