PC Controllers

moondoggy23

My dad is starting to nose his way into PC gaming after spending several years playing Xbox 360. He is playing Dead Space and is having trouble playing the game using the mouse and keyboard. The set up is foreign to him and so he's thinking about gaming controllers. Aside from the 360 controller, do any of you have any recommendations for a good PC gaming controller for about $50USD or less?

Xbox 360 controller. Wired.

Razer Sabertooth. (Oops, over $50).

Anything Logitech.

My advice would be to take the time and get used to mouse. So much more easier to line up shots.

L2Mouse, only game i ever used a controller for was FF11/14 and thats cause they were designed like shit from drunken assholes.

My advice would be to take the time and get used to mouse. So much more easier to line up shots.

Yeah...this is my father. Y'know how cranky and surly I am? Multiply that by 9000, and you got him. He's like dmax except old (no offense to dmax).

EDIT: I already pointed him towards Logitech's direction, so I guess I wasn't too terribly crazy doing so.

Yeah...this is my father. Y'know how cranky and surly I am? Multiply that by 9000, and you got him. He's like dmax except old (no offense to dmax).

EDIT: I already pointed him towards Logitech's direction, so I guess I wasn't too terribly crazy doing so.

just whoop his ass in a few multiplayers using a mouse and keyboard.. change his mind

I have a usb adapter that allows for two PS2 controllers to be plugged in. It was only about $16, but I'm pretty sure you're looking for something that isn't a console controller. :P

Anything Logitech.

Agree 100% you can't go wrong with Logitech. I've always use there controllers
I hardly use keyboard and mouse. problem is that when you've been a old school gamer
for so long, controllers are are best choice to play anything. then again and I've learn to play with
a keyboard and mouse but i understand your dad and his going to like that much better with a
Logitech. Now if his really big on console controllers, buy the plugged in instead and he'll feel
right at home. They should be under 50$ more like under 20$. But if he prefers a 360 controller then
buy the plugged in one then.

One piece of advice, don't bother with Razer, they make overpriced pieces of shit that fall apart within months. Logitech would be fine, but why not just get an Xbox controller adapter? It's comfier, and you have the huge colour variations.

I would go with the 360 controller, you can get wireless dongles or wired, but stick with that since he is familiar with the controller.

One piece of advice, don't bother with Razer, they make overpriced pieces of shit that fall apart within months. Logitech would be fine, but why not just get an Xbox controller adapter? It's comfier, and you have the huge colour variations.
Every razer product i have ever had has been solid, light and had good longevity.

If your Razer products are falling apart, then you are abusing them. I've had a Blackwidow, Naga, Death Adder, and two razer headphones. They all stood up solid. In fact, I spilled a cup of soda on my Blackwidow, took it apart, washed it, let it dry, re-assembled it, and it STILL worked.

If your Razer products are falling apart, then you are abusing them. I've had a Blackwidow, Naga, Death Adder, and two razer headphones. They all stood up solid. In fact, I spilled a cup of soda on my Blackwidow, took it apart, washed it, let it dry, re-assembled it, and it STILL worked.

I have never abused any of my electronics. Everything I've ever gotten from Razer has fallen apart or just stopped working out of the blue. I guess some people just get lucky / I haven't been very lucky. Every PC peripheral I own atm is Logitech and I've had no problems so far. (Mouse is 2 year old and Headphones are about 4 months.)

My headset from Razer straight up stopped working and literally started breaking into pieces after less than half a year of normal use. To each their own.

Just a rough estimate.. i get maybe 3000-5000 hours frmo a headset usually before the cord starts to wear through and stop working. Ive killed a razer cach and logi g35 so far in a quest for a higher quality headset. I liked both cords, held up slightly longer than i would have guessed.

I'm using Razer Blacksharks atm. They are aviator style cups with 99% steel construction. I think they'll hold.

Constant on and off motions, falling, the cord being snatched when you get up (you know what I mean!), all contribute to wear. No headset is really gonna take that abuse.

I be careful with mine, make sure to take them off gently and make sure the cord isn't around me leg. My babies still look brand new.

Back