PC Controllers

I like how the discussion about PC Controllers turned into a discussion on other peripherals. Also, I've heard good reviews from some of my friends who use the Razer Sabretooth. They all agreed that the Onza was a fucking potato though. In the end, it all depends on the game that you're playing in order to decide whether mouse/keyboard would be better than controller. In my most honest opinion, no FPS game is right when using a controller. inb4 the army of Xbox users start chewing my head off because they love CoD and Battlefield on their consoles.

There are also certain games like Assassin's Creed or Devil May Cry that work alot better with a controller. My firm belief is in PC gaming and switching between using a controller for certain games and mouse/keyboard for most other games. But I've also never had excessive trouble with games that work better with a controller. For example, I played the entire Assassin's Creed franchise on the PC with a mouse/Keyboard that, while obviously being optimized for controllers, were not too hard to pick up. In the end, I can't really reccommend a controller since I only use a PS3 and occasionally plug that up to my pc for PS2 emulation. But I highly reccommend mouse/keyboard, due to reasons that I'm not going to elaborate on due to super long post stretching.

I've been using this for well over a decade, or whenever we had to make the switch to USB from serial port accessories (remember those things?) Been using it for FSX and older games better suited for controllers. Personally I like that the sticks are in-line, but it's not tiny like a Playstation controller. Looks like there's a newer version that's more similar to the 360 if that's preferred.

Edit: Apparently it's not available in the U.S. anymore? ._.

side note: is Amazon Prime, kindna like the same to ebay's ebay bucks? there basically free? i know there different but is it free? no games or gimits?
Amazon Prime is a yearly fee for no further shipping costs for that year. Students get it half off.

Back