• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Permafrost EP by Sterf incl. remixes by Don Vittorio & THERMALTAKE released!

Donvittorio

I know some people look down upon blogs as these, but this is a pretty important moment for Sterf, who a very good friend of mine, and for me too!
Today Sterf released a 4-track EP which includes:
  • Sterf - Permafrost
  • Sterf - Permafrost (Thermaltake Remix)
  • Sterf - Permafrost (Don Vittorio Remix)
  • Sterf - Winter Promenade (2013 Reprise)

Go to the bottom of the player and you will be redirected to the soundcloud set page, where you will see a link to download the EP!
Below is the remix uploaded on my account.

For this remix I wanted to go for a more mysterious and eerie feel, progressing onto a more energetic part. It is quite different from my usual work, but I enjoyed composing it nonetheless. To those who think my music died, not having released anything in a long while, it is far from being dead! I actually have another finished remix awaiting release right now and am working on my first EP. If you guys want to give me some support, share it with your friends!
I will be releasing some more electro later on this month most likely.
To end off this blog, I present to you this message written by Sterf himself:

Hello

First of all, I would really like to thank you for downloading my track. It warms my heart whenever someone plays one of my songs.
I created the track Permafrost during that deadly, everlasting winter of 2013. The freezing cold and the long nights truly inspired
me to do a track, just like it did in 2012. That's when I created Winter Promenade. Therefore I decided, on the last minute,
to retouch Winter Promenade and improve the mix with the exerience I got during the past year. I wish I had more new original tracks,
but sadly I was too busy with other musical projects and life in general.

Luckily for me (and you?), I got 2 amazing producers on board to remix Permafrost. Their names are Don vittorio and THERMALTAKE.
I would like to thank these 2 young producers for their amazing input. Describing just how much I love their remixes would be
nearly impossible for me. They really added spice to this EP, and I'm very happy I asked them.

That's enough words for now.
Cheers and enjoy the music

Cheers
Sterf

22/04/2013

Liked the Garage-y chill portion better then the energetic one, perhaps a full length chill mix may be in order? ;) <3

I'm still not quite sure why you guys are saying I'm not active enough. I still check the forums more than once every single day just like 2 years ago and even then I never posted a lot.. If you average my posts with the amount of time I've been here, it counts up to 1 post a day, and yeah, that's kind of how I am. I'm more of a lurker more than anything.. And sadly Nuron no, I won't release a full-length mix of the garage part. I felt during the production of this remix that that part was pretty much going nowhere. I felt the song itself was too calm and confused. It had no clue on what to do.

Back