Planet Explorers

Casham

logo.png
_is an open world voxel based sandbox adventure RPG game set on a distant planet. The game uses a new OpenCL system based on the Unity 3D engine to allow players to change the terrain in anyway, create new objects in any form, and do it anywhere.

Adventure Trailer

In Planet Explorers, it is the year 2287, one of the first colony ships sent out by Earth arrives at the planet Maria, in the Epsilon Indi Star System. During its landing sequence, something appears in front of the massive ship that causes it to lose control and crash into the planet. Some of the colonists survive in lifeboats, but what they find is an unforgiving land filled with creatures ready to outlast the visitors from Earth. Now the survivors must explorer, gather, build, create, fight, and ultimately, build a new home.

Creation Trailer

Being able to design and create your own weapons (Shields, Turrents, etc to be added) is a fantastic idea and was a feature that I got a lot of enjoyment out of.

[collapse=Some Examples]
Brenelael's Buggy
a5fbffa263c3ee57a4d099c5018c5af4.jpg

Winter Dragon's M557 APC from the movie Aliens
Iy13NgD.jpg

UFG7EBx.jpg

Busdriverjoe's Replica GunBlade from Final Fantasy 8
gunblade_zps476d933c.jpg

TheHappyStick's Rainbow Ethereal Sword
shatteredsword.jpg

Busdriverjoe's Jurassic Park 4x4
jurassic_jeep_zps08db4bcc.jpg

Ixath's Bluth Company Stair Car
z4U19DS.png

Busdriverjoe's e-11 Star Wars Blaster
blaster_carbine_zpsec897109.jpg

Shizuma's WoW Tankard o' Terror
kegr.jpg

Wikrin's Flintstone Footmobile
flintstonesk.jpg

Busdriverjoe's Outrunner from Borderlands
Outrunner_zps2ae186d6.jpg

MeMyselfAnDie's Pump Action Shotgun
sideView_zpseeacb8ba.png

Wikrin's Ecto-1 from Ghostbusters
ghostbustercar.jpg

Desder's Replica M82
m82pre72.jpg

Veltaras's Ashbringer from WoW
19CnsMJ.jpg

ssssSS
hUODFvQ.png

Brenelael's M41 Pulse Rifle from Aliens
5180ac698bfcb1c71bcbdfcff1045007.jpg

Aphox's Custom AK-47
oGySdgL.jpg

[/collapse]

I'll leave The Cranky Old Gamer to convince you, I found he pretty much summed it up nicely.
Also... He sounds like Nicolas Cage.

This game is currently in Alpha 0.53 at the time of posting and has already won me over, with Multiplayer coming in the future (Alpha 0.60) you can share that same experience with others.

Pathea just finished their Kickstarter Campaign and ended up with $137,765 out of their $100,000 dollar goal.
c3653ef6c8d78b8290b03c6fcebaaa23_large.jpg
Even though certain KS stretch goals were not achieved the developer has already stated that all are in the plans to be implemented, with the exception of the last two.

Planet Explorers has recently been Greenlit on Steam, which is fantastic news.

The Alpha 0.53 is currently available to play for free and can be downloaded here.

[collapse=Alpha Note] Obviously due to the game being in it's Alpha stage, the controls, animations, mechanics will feel unpolished[/collapse]

Cheers,
Casham.

I also challenge you guys to upload as many of your creations from the game to this thread or to the Pathea thread of awesome creation's !

I know you're all a creative bunch of people so have fun and see where it takes you.
Vorsprung and Konflakes... I expect good things of your time well spent
ergo - throbbing dick creations

The build mode is not really playable, the game spawns me about 50 meters above the ground every time so I fall and die.

The build mode is not really playable, the game spawns me about 50 meters above the ground every time so I fall and die.

I've heard others have had this issue, I can't say that I have.

Did you change any of these options by chance?
RXYQoiQ.png

I've heard others have had this issue, I can't say that I have.

Did you change any of these options by chance?
RXYQoiQ.png
I think I did change something, but as Homerun already said it's still in alpha so I don't worry too much :)
[EDIT]
Even if I don't change anything it still happens

I think I did change something, but as Homerun already said it's still in alpha so I don't worry too much :)
[EDIT]
Even if I don't change anything it still happens

From the Pathea forums
Q: Help! I try to play Adventure and Build Modes, but I keep falling to my death!

A: Yes, sadly this mode is bugged. When you can load it, it bugs out and hard. There is a fix to this problem though! If you play on Grasslands Seed 56 and hold the left move button, you will land on a tower instead of falling to your death. This is confirmed to work on both Build and Adventure Modes if you can get them to load.

Hope that helps, again it's weird that I haven't yet experienced this issue.

Back