• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Please Remove Colors

popcorn.gif

People are angry

Chilly Down
Listen to that and lose the anger

Okay, we good?

Now stop complaints about the colour of text in a game.

Now stop complaints about the colour of text in a game.
This isnt about colors anymore, its about behaving.

You took that seriously? Sarcasm, Y U NO carry on in text.
Whatever, I was messing around, PLEASE learn to take a joke, or perhaps find the funny side to a/this situation.
You may think of yourself as great blogger/forum poster but let me tell you something. I am cranky lately, as i noticed in other thread about towny plots. But there is reason to it.

I was talking to few Cydonia people lately and provided them a bit of info about chat options, and after short conversation with Zaffierce i decided to add chat tutorial to info thread. It looked like a good idea at that time, so when someone has the question about chat, we would simply point him/her to the tutorial. I made it, and next day i saw the ban request for PatrickyB and your post in it. Writing in help channel some nonhelp info. At that point i thought to myself, what an idiot i was to list all the channels in the tutorial. But then i realized, why not all channels, if people use them properly then there is no reason to deny that to them. Key word is properly, as that was also reason why the color chat was removed.

Now, when i used the help channel to provide some info (to be exact "/money pay name amount") you started to shout in global and /me why i am colorspamming and whatnot (see above). Now that was real reason to set me off and thats why that post was made.

I will point out something more - Dragonretard was my fail, it was ment to be Dragontard, as you wrote Dragongard in that picture and it was ment to be slight insult with hint on what i am talking about. But i failed in rage and typed Dragonretard instead. It was ment to be insult, but not such heavy one.

This comes together with what i was going to say you this time : Your answer to whenever your argument fails is that the recipient didnt get the sarcasm, cant see the joke side or didnt double-guessed what you typed ? If so, you fall in same category as "my brother did it" guys. They try to never fail, never lose, never be sorry. And they dont get they are responsible how and what actions they made.
As i said, you may think of yourself as great blogger/forum poster but right now you are doing terrible job.

PS:
Pass the popcorn, i need to cool off.

I was about to start handing out some cool-off bans, but this seems like an appropriate time to let you guys in on a little secret.

As I learned over 9000 years ago, on a planet far far away, ... nobody cares. Someone abusing color chat? Sure, it may be a little annoying, but really, nobody cares. It's text, in a game, on a screen. It's a first world problem. You aren't starving, you have internet access, and you have boatloads of free time. Chat color should be the last thing you are worried about.

The actions of others can only cause you grief if you allow them to. If anything, you should simply feel sorry for those poor users who get pleasure from the harassment of others. Is colored chat going to make you go blind? Is it going to destroy your relationships? Is it going to displease those that you love? Nope, chuck testa.

Now, I'm certainly not saying spamming is a good thing; but it's not something that anyone needs to worry about. If it's distracting to your gaming experience, then you might bring it up to an admin once or twice -- but shouting at a user isn't going to solve anything, especially when they aren't doing anything wrong.

Now, get off your bee-hinds, go have fun and be happy. This may consist of playing minecraft, chatting with your friends (online or off), or *gasp* perhaps even going outside ;). There's one thing I can guarantee you -- arguing and complaining won't make you happy, and this applies to all things in life. Either do something about it, or deal with it.

This isnt about colors anymore, its about behaving.

You may think of yourself as great blogger/forum poster but let me tell you something. I am cranky lately, as i noticed in other thread about towny plots. But there is reason to it.

I was talking to few Cydonia people lately and provided them a bit of info about chat options, and after short conversation with Zaffierce i decided to add chat tutorial to info thread. It looked like a good idea at that time, so when someone has the question about chat, we would simply point him/her to the tutorial. I made it, and next day i saw the ban request for PatrickyB and your post in it. Writing in help channel some nonhelp info. At that point i thought to myself, what an idiot i was to list all the channels in the tutorial. But then i realized, why not all channels, if people use them properly then there is no reason to deny that to them. Key word is properly, as that was also reason why the color chat was removed.

Now, when i used the help channel to provide some info (to be exact "/money pay name amount") you started to shout in global and /me why i am colorspamming and whatnot (see above). Now that was real reason to set me off and thats why that post was made.

I will point out something more - Dragonretard was my fail, it was ment to be Dragontard, as you wrote Dragongard in that picture and it was ment to be slight insult with hint on what i am talking about. But i failed in rage and typed Dragonretard instead. It was ment to be insult, but not such heavy one.

This comes together with what i was going to say you this time : Your answer to whenever your argument fails is that the recipient didnt get the sarcasm, cant see the joke side or didnt double-guessed what you typed ? If so, you fall in same category as "my brother did it" guys. They try to never fail, never lose, never be sorry. And they dont get they are responsible how and what actions they made.
As i said, you may think of yourself as great blogger/forum poster but right now you are doing terrible job.

PS:

Pass the popcorn, i need to cool off.
12782199.jpg

But in all seriousness, this VVVV
I was about to start handing out some cool-off bans, but this seems like an appropriate time to let you guys in on a little secret.

As I learned over 9000 years ago, on a planet far far away, ... nobody cares. Someone abusing color chat? Sure, it may be a little annoying, but really, nobody cares. It's text, in a game, on a screen. It's a first world problem. You aren't starving, you have internet access, and you have boatloads of free time. Chat color should be the last thing you are worried about.

The actions of others can only cause you grief if you allow them to. If anything, you should simply feel sorry for those poor users who get pleasure from the harassment of others. Is colored chat going to make me go blind? Is it going to destroy your relationships? Is it going to displease those that you love? Nope, chuck testa.

Now, I'm certainly not saying spamming is a good thing; but it's not something that anyone needs to worry about. If it's distracting to your gaming experience, then you might bring it up to an admin once or twice -- but shouting at a user isn't going to solve anything, especially when they aren't doing anything wrong.

Now, get off your bee-hinds, go have fun and be happy. This may consist of playing minecraft, chatting with your friends (online or off), or *gasp* perhaps even going outside ;). There's one thing I can guarantee you -- arguing and complaining won't make you happy, and this applies to all things in life. Either do something about it, or deal with it.
Goodnight.

I probably shouldn't have started this thread, seeing all of the commotion that it started. Although colors were a bit annoying, they were nothing to have a major conflict over. As Woot said, they're just colors.

I think when people gain their attention span back every few seconds and see there is colors again, screw mining, chatcolorspam is the way to go.

Back