Powerful Film Music

GreenEarth

Actually you can just post your favorites,
I will be sharing the ones that give me dem goosebumps.

Title: "Sense of Touch"
Artist: Mark Isham
Movie: Crash (2004)
This comes on when the police dude saves the women he had recently sexually assaulted from a burning car, very good movie, a bit preachy at times but good anyway. The whole soundtrack is just fabulous.

Title: "Welcome to Lunar Industries"
Artist: Clint Mansell (also did music for Requiem for a Dream, The Fountain, Black Swan)
Movie: Moon (2009)
Moon was a really refreshing sci-fi film, I believe this plays in the beginning.

Title: "Main Theme" or "Hero"
Artist: Tan Dun
Movie: Hero (2002)
Chinese martial arts at it's best, with a rather touching story, had me in tears the first time I saw it.

Title: "Shawshank Redemption"
Artist: Thomas Newman
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption (1994)
Thomas Newman is probably my favorite composer, he has also done music for Wall-e, American Beauty, The Green Mile etc. I mean the tone and build-up in this song is so good. And this movie is ranked 1st on IMDB, so if you haven't seen it....do eeeet.

Title: "White Tree"
Artist: Howard Shore
Movie: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2004)
The motherfucking beacons are lit, easily one of my favorite scenes in trilogy.

Title: "Wear Your Seatbelt"
Artist: Cliff Martinez
Movie: Solaris (2002)
Sci-fi/Drama, this movie explored aspects of letting go, guilt and love. I wish there was a bit more sci-fi in it though, they never really talk much about the planet (Solaris), but in any case it was original and I enjoyed it (and the music!).

I'll post more when I remember them.

Title: Clubbed to Death
Artist: Rob Dougan
Movie: Matrix

Awesome music tailored well for the epic action and build ups of the Matrix movies. Music video is pretty cool too.
I think I'm doing it right?

Title: "Down To Earth"
Artist: Peter Gabriel
Movie: WALL-E

It's a Disney, I know, but I remember this movie for its impeccable graphics (especially in its first 15 minutes) and this song.

It's a Disney, I know, but I remember this movie for its impeccable graphics (especially in its first 15 minutes) and this song.

Probably one of the best end credits song I have ever heard.

Movie: Koyaanisqatsi
Artist: Philip Glass

This is the opening to a powerful all music movie.

Reminds me of Mortal Combat for some reason.

oops forgot about these

Title: "Now We Are Free"
Artist: Hans Zimmer feat: Lisa Gerrard
Movie: Gladiator
Bawwwww

Title: "Define Dancing"
Thomas Newman being a boss and making me bawww hard.

Title: "Arrival to Earth"
Artist: Steve Jablonsky
Movie: Transformers
I also enjoyed the music in "The Island", same composer.

Title: "Elegy For Dunkirk"
Artist: Dario Marianelli
Movie: Atonement
oh god when the hymn starts at 1:00, it's just amazing, insta goosebumps
here is the scene where it's used
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5dqmUgu0SI&feature=related

Title: "The Baudelaire Orphans"
Movie: A Series of Unfortunate Events (2004)
Thomas Newman is hands down one of the best composers when it comes to movie scores. This one especially was my favorite out of the soundtrack. Go to 1:00 for the eerie part.

Title: "The Letter That Never Came"
Another score from the soundtrack! This is the most depressing song in the entire movie, and definitely the most emotional.

Title: "Nemo Egg (Main Title)"
Movie: Finding Nemo (2003)
If only it was longer!

I was so obsessed with that song when it first came out!
Edit: Still am ;)

Title: "Main Theme" or "Hero"
Artist: Tan Dun
Movie: Hero (2002)
Chinese martial arts at it's best, with a rather touching story, had me in tears the first time I saw it.
Really? I think that movie was extremely cheesy. Plus it defied physics a lot. :/

Hans "Motherfucking" Zimmer. The MAN. One of the greatest composers alive.

Title: Time
Artist: Hans Zimmer
Movie: Inception

Title: Introduce A Little Anarchy
Movie: The Dark Knight

Title: Tennessee
Movie: Pearl Harbor

Yeah.. My second post was going to be on him... Damnit, Creeper! Stealing my ideas again!
But you forgot:

Title: "He's a Pirate"
Movie: Pirates of the Caribbean
Seriously? This is the best song ever from him. If you play this song on your iPod while walking somewhere, it makes you feel like a badass.

Yeah.. My second post was going to be on him... Damnit, Creeper! Stealing my ideas again!
But you forgot:

Seriously? This is the best song ever from him. If you play this song on your iPod while walking somewhere, it makes you feel like a badass.

Ah yes, I was considering posting that. That song can make any situation epic and badass.

But how can anyone forget the Inception Trailer Soundtrack?

Title: Mind Heist

Oh man, getting tingles just listening to that Transformers theme. :)
Imma just throw this out there, it has to be done.
Mandatory
Title: "The Baudelaire Orphans"
Thomas Newman is hands down one of the best composers when it comes to movie scores. This one especially was my favorite out of the soundtrack. Go to 1:00 for the eerie part.

Title: "The Letter That Never Came"
Another score from the soundtrack! This is the most depressing song in the entire movie, and definitely the most emotional.

Title: "Nemo Egg (Main Title)"
Movie: Finding Nemo (2003)
If only it was longer!
I was so obsessed with that song when it first came out!
Edit: Still am ;)
Really? I think that movie was extremely cheesy. Plus it defied physics a lot. :/
Ahh the first one was so good ! The finding Nemo song made me baw hard, also reminded me that Finding Nemo was the first dvd I ever watched on our family's first dvd player. Gewd times. As for the Hero, at the time I was used to the whole artsy chinese martial arts movies, after crounching tiger hidden dragon and house of flying daggers so I knew what to expect and just went with it.
That's pretty good. But it can't compare to the Catina band.
why.....is that so GODDAMN CATCHY ???
in any case, moar music !

Title: "Serenity"
Artist: David Newman
Movie: Serenity
Short, but brings back many good memories. Also the movie was the bees knees. I'll make sure to be playing this during a planet re-entry.

Title: "Walking In The Air"
Artist: Peter Auty (he was 13 when he recorded this song)
Movie: The Snowman
Blast from the childhood past, the perfect christmas song in mah opinion. Dat snowman can fly, he believes in himself :')

Title: "For the Reunion"
Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Movie: Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children
This soundtrack has so many good songs, I couldn't decide which to share, I'd say this one has the highest goosebumps factor

Title: "Mercury"
Artist: John Murphy
Movie: Sunshine
Plays when the crew watches Mercury orbit the Sun from their ship. Pretty inspirational yo.

Title: "An Ending (Ascent)"
Artist: Brian Eno
Movie: Top Gear, Drive, Traffic, 28 Days Later, many others
I'm in space.

Title: "Brazil"
Artist: Michael Kamen feat: Kate Bush
Movie: Terry Gilliam's "Brazil"
If you haven't seen the movie you probably wont get why I put this one on here. When Kate Bush starts singing, that is a dream sequence in the movie, and it really sets the tone for the movie and I haven't forgotten that eerie feeling since I first saw this movie at the age of 6. I don't know, then it gets all party mode towards the middle, it's just memorable, at least to me.

Title: "The Mission"
Artist: Ennio Morricone
Movie: The Mission
I just wanted to include Morricone somewhere, he did the music for all those Sergio Leone westerns (Good bad and ugly, fistful or dollars etc). This is a nice inspirational tune from a movie I haven't seen.

Oh I hadn't heard those before thanks fer sharing, I especially liked "Time".
But you forgot:

I'm sure it's more badass when you get into a naval battle (or...a battle in SPAAAAACEEE).

Mandatory

Ahh the first one was so good ! The finding Nemo song made me baw hard, also reminded me that Finding Nemo was the first dvd I ever watched on our family's first dvd player. Gewd times. As for the Hero, at the time I was used to the whole artsy chinese martial arts movies, after crounching tiger hidden dragon and house of flying daggers so I knew what to expect and just went with it.

why.....is that so GODDAMN CATCHY ???
in any case, moar music !

Title: "Serenity"
Artist: David Newman
Movie: Serenity
Short, but brings back many good memories. Also the movie was the bees knees. I'll make sure to be playing this during a planet re-entry.

Title: "Walking In The Air"
Artist: Peter Auty (he was 13 when he recorded this song)
Movie: The Snowman
Blast from the childhood past, the perfect christmas song in mah opinion. Dat snowman can fly, he believes in himself :')

Title: "For the Reunion"
Artist: Nobuo Uematsu
Movie: Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children
This soundtrack has so many good songs, I couldn't decide which to share, I'd say this one has the highest goosebumps factor

Title: "Mercury"
Artist: John Murphy
Movie: Sunshine
Plays when the crew watches Mercury orbit the Sun from their ship. Pretty inspirational yo.

Title: "An Ending (Ascent)"
Artist: Brian Eno
Movie: Top Gear, Drive, Traffic, 28 Days Later, many others
I'm in space.

Title: "Brazil"
Artist: Michael Kamen feat: Kate Bush
Movie: Terry Gilliam's "Brazil"
If you haven't seen the movie you probably wont get why I put this one on here. When Kate Bush starts singing, that is a dream sequence in the movie, and it really sets the tone for the movie and I haven't forgotten that eerie feeling since I first saw this movie at the age of 6. I don't know, then it gets all party mode towards the middle, it's just memorable, at least to me.

b]Title:[/b] "The Mission"
Artist: Ennio Morricone
Movie: The Mission
I just wanted to include Morricone somewhere, he did the music for all those Sergio Leone westerns (Good bad and ugly, fistful or dollars etc). This is a nice inspirational tune from a movie I haven't seen.

I need to watch Serenity again. It's only been like... Six years.

Oh wow that last one from the movie pearl harbor. The movie sucked but this soundtrack, amazing. Also it has my states name in it which makes it 20% cooler. However since it was in pearl harbor it makes me ashamed I like it. T_T

But you forgot:

And with this epic music! I smite thy computer and delve into the unknown depths of sleep! Avast yee matees and set sail for the isle of me blankets!

And with this epic music! I smite thy computer and delve into the unknown depths of sleep! Avast yee matees and set sail for the isle of me blankets!
Avast indeed to the unknown seas of your bed good gent.
100_1062.png

Back