Pre-Owned vs. New

moondoggy23

Which do you prefer? An example: Currently, Gamestop is offering GTA V and The Witcher III for $55, each. For $60, I can buy new copies of the same games. So, what would you do?

New for me unless there's no other option. Otherwise, as Pro stated, I'd wait for the inevitable sale.

Depends on the condition, really. If the box is in good shape, disc looks fine, and comes with a book, then by all means, pre-owned as it tends to be cheaper. Otherwise? New preferably.

Unless I really want the game. Then, I just want a working copy.

@moondoggy23 If you're hankering that bad, you can pick up a digital version of GTA from GameKeysNow for 48.00. I used them before and it worked out fine. Apparently they have Witcher III (Wild Hunt) for 40.00

http://www.gamekeysnow.com/keys/Grand-Theft-Auto-V
http://www.gamekeysnow.com/keys/The-Witcher-3:-Wild-Hunt

I am pretty much anti digital copy when it comes to console games. If it is free, then I'll DL it, otherwise I prefer a hard copy (don't ask me about my Steam game library, that is different).

Buy Splatoon for Wii U, and then you will never sleep or need to buy another game again. Problem... solved?

Step 1: Convince wife to let me buy a Wii U...
Splatoon is really that good, eh?

Gamestop pretty much charges about the same for pre-owned as new so...I just go for new. Only time I got pre-owned was because that's literally the only copies they had of the two games I wanted.

I am pretty much anti digital copy when it comes to console games. If it is free, then I'll DL it, otherwise I prefer a hard copy (don't ask me about my Steam game library, that is different).

Step 1: Convince wife to let me buy a Wii U...
Splatoon is really that good, eh?
Yes, it is that good. I went out specifically to get a Wii U simply for Splatoon. I have a couple other games on it now, but yeah.

I'm not sure if it's still a thing, but Best Buy has a Splatoon Wii U Bundle. The Wii U is $300, Splatoon is $60, but the bundle is...well, $300, so you basically get Splatoon free. It is a digital copy, but seeing as it's free it should go with your rules.

Yes, it is that good. I went out specifically to get a Wii U simply for Splatoon. I have a couple other games on it now, but yeah.

We can now make Squid Squads. We got a Quad Squid Squad, a squad full of squids. Oh god what

As for this thread, I like to buy new games only if it's special (like Metroid Prime Trilogy) or if I'm gonna be playing it for a long time (like Splatoon or Smash 4). Other than that I buy pre-owned. I don't like digital copies unless I HAVE to download it (like Mighty Switch Force or something).

Back