• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Priority Threads?

Do you want something like this implemented to the website?

• Total voters

TheXraptor

Something that I have really come to notice in the last few months is that alerts are a bit unorganized.

I don't know about you, but I tend to post a lot on the forums. Some of the posts I make are replies to completely random threads and the reply is probably 5-10 words long, sometimes it is my short opinion, sometimes it is a short joke that everyone will like. On the other hand, I just made a Cities of the Server episode or I just voiced my opinion on a very important topic.

Frequently, I will see my alerts light up red and I will think "Hmm somebody has replied to Cities of the Server" or "Hmm somebody else has spoken about the very important topic", but what do I see? I see "So-and-so likes your post on The Random Thread" or "So-and-so has replied to your post on The Random Thread". This is not only disappointing, but it is quite frankly annoying. I COULD un-watch every single thread I reply to EVER, but that would be a complete pain in the ass, and its not that I don't want to see that I have been replied to on that thread, its that I am more concerned about the important thread, so here is my main point:

Perhaps there could be an option to mark a thread as a "Priority thread", and when it is replied to, you will get a different notification. Maybe if a "Priority thread" is replied to, your alerts will be lit up light blue instead of red.

I can't be the only one who has been annoyed by the current system, and it wouldn't be a huge change. Can this be done?

I enjoy getting alerts whether they're from something "serious" or not. I just mouse over the "Alerts" tab and if the alert is for something I want to look at, I'll click it. Otherwise, I just let it be. Once you mouse over the alert, it gets removed.

Back