• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Problem with gif Avatars.

brantbren

So I'm trying to change my avatar with a gif, but everytime I try it just puts the first frame of the gif as my avatar, as opposed to the moving picture. I even tested this with a gif I used as a past avatar to check if there was just a problem with the gif I was using, but even that picture only showed the first frame.

THIS IS NOT A FILE SIZE PROBLEM!

Mine works, but I don't know why yours wouldn't. Could it be dimensions?
I don't think its dimensions, like I said I've even tried it with gifs I've used as my avatar in the past and the same thing happens, just the first frame of the image.

Hell I've tried this on 3 computers to see if it was a problem with my computer but the same thing keeps happening.

I had the same issue and just gave up. Because the still picture is not that bad. The moving version is better. I gave up. Stopped caring. This is fine for me.

Yours animates fine for me, charizard.

I remember the olden days when Youtube used to allow you to have gif avatars. There are only a few people left who actually still have them.

I had the same issue and just gave up. Because the still picture is not that bad. The moving version is better. I gave up. Stopped caring. This is fine for me.
Well I guess I'll do the same thing (shouldn't be to mad, it's still Gyro) and if gifs start working again I'll notice immediately.

Could you be uploading this "gif" on a tablet? Sometimes iPads/smartphones have trouble properly saving gifs.
No I tried uploading it on 2 different desktops and 2 different laptops.

All four of those sources give you the still picture my avatar currently is.

It's not a problem with the file size and it's not a problem with the picture. (Like I said I've tested this using a gif I had as my avatar in the past and even that didn't load)

I'm having a problem with animation as well. Clicking on the avatar makes it animate, otherwise it's a still image. I'm kinda depressed with how Mewtwo isn't blowing shit up with his awesome blue glowing eyes.

;(

I have a hunch it might be the filesize? It would seem a smart move for any website designer to not bloat the user's internet traffic with downloading relatively big files. Have you tried uploading a gif with smaller filesize?

Just tried. :(. It seems changing your avatar period is broken. If I select a new image, it won't let me adjust crop either. Only after refreshing the page can I see what I actually changed my avatar to.

Back