Professional Gamer Monitors

Mrtino916

So I was thinking of buying a professional gaming monitor but there are so many to choose from and I don't know which one to get! Got any suggestions? I have a budget of about $200-$400 and I'd maybe pay a little more. My monitor I have now is an old gateway I bought for $32 at an auction and it has terrible resolution... If you need any more information I can provide. Thanks in advanced, Bai :D

It really depends on your specs, but you could maybe find one of those Korean 1440p monitors somewhere in your price range (a bit unlikely). If you don't feel safe buying one of those or you don't have the rig to handle it, there's plenty of good 1080p options from ASUS, Dell, etc.

First off, you have to decide if you are willing to test your luck with a korean monitor that is built using A- stock panels from companies like LG. These tend to be much cheaper, but come with risks of having dead pixels and no warranties. You get what you pay for and that is final. Many people will say that the low cost of these monitors (around $300) is enough to outweigh any possible defects, but that is for you to decide on your own. The most well known Korean monitor is the catleap. Another is the Shimian, and here is a review for it

If you are not willing to buy a korean monitor off of ebay, a good option to consider is the Nixeus monitor. It has excellent reviews, but costs just over $500. If price is not that big of an issue, I would personally go with the reliability of something that is shipped from the US from a well-known company that has a warranty.

On the topic of Korean 1440 monitors, Monoprice has one that's their brand that's within your price range. It's out of stock right now, but has generally good reviews. Only thing I've heard is that you can't remove the stand to attach it to a VESA mount without cracking open the case. Though those reports aren't really confirmed. You might be better off with monoprice just due to the fact that if something goes wrong they have great service, and are in the states.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=11307&cs_id=1130703&p_id=9579&seq=1&format=2

1440p is all fine and dandy, but if he's looking to play games at that resolution, he better have a decent setup.

He asked about monitors, not graphics cards.

The graphics card he has could limit his choices. So we need to know what card he has so we can help him make a decision. 1440p will be much more enjoyable if he has a 680/7970 or something. If he's sitting on a lower tier card then 1080p still looks like sex anyway.

Back