Ps3 YLOD

devyanks90

So this happened to me today :blue: anyone have experience with how Sony's repair process is? Of course, the console is out of warranty by 2 months (it's a non-bc 80 GB)

btw, I'm posting this from my iPod touch and must say the forum works surprisingly well on it.

from what i heard, you have to contact sony repair, the repair can cost between 50-200 depends on warrantee and problem.

sorry for your ylod

wish you had the luck i have, still have my launch day ps3 and my 2 non rrod ever 360's

When I sent my PS3 (out of warrenty) into sony they overnighted me a box to ship back to them which was also overnight. Then sent me an entirely new console of the same type (launch 60GB) for $150 with 3 day return shipping. I had it back 4 days after it broke. The only thing I'll say is if you do send it in, and you want to keep your hard drive, just take it out of the PS3. They won't send you a new drive back, but you'll get to keep your old data as long as the old drive actually works.

*EDIT*Wow...way to be late on the reply huh? I just realized you started the thread a week ago :-\ Well hopefully you either already got it fixed or, if not, hopefully this helps you out.

When I sent my PS3 (out of warrenty) into sony they overnighted me a box to ship back to them which was also overnight. Then sent me an entirely new console of the same type (launch 60GB) for $150 with 3 day return shipping. I had it back 4 days after it broke. The only thing I'll say is if you do send it in, and you want to keep your hard drive, just take it out of the PS3. They won't send you a new drive back, but you'll get to keep your old data as long as the old drive actually works.

*EDIT*Wow...way to be late on the reply huh? I just realized you started the thread a week ago :-\ Well hopefully you either already got it fixed or, if not, hopefully this helps you out.

It's a LITTLE more complicated than that because you need to do a "BACKUP" not just put the drive in for some things. I found this out the hard way
you can do a "BACKUP" to a removable USB drive as long as its formatted FAT32

Why would it be more complicated than that? You should be able to just drop in the drive...

I'll take the broken one off your hands if you want to ditch it. Of course I'm in FRANCE. this causes issues.

Back