PS4 Retail Launch Titles Discussion

Serenity595

Hello!

Today, November 15th, is the official release day of the long-awaited PS4. Before impulse buying a PS4, I'd like to see what you guys think of the launch titles and of course, the PS4 system itself.

These are the retail games available on launch day for the PS4:

Angry Birds Star Wars
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Battlefield 4
Call of Duty: Ghosts
FIFA 14
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition
Just Dance 2014
Killzone Shadow Fall
Knack
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes
Madden NFL 25
NBA 2K14
NBA Live 14
Need for Speed: Rivals
Skylanders Swap Force

Discuss!

Angry Birds Star Wars - Can die for all I care.
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Yay, shame I haven't finished the others.
Battlefield 4 - Not my thing.
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Not my thing.
FIFA 14 - I have no love for sports games.
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - Meh. The last DC fighting game didn't end well, so this never got my attention.
Just Dance 2014 - Not my thing.
Killzone Shadow Fall - Not my thing.
Knack - Never heard of it, but it looks interesting. Would check it out if I had a PS4.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Always been a fan of the LEGO games.
Madden NFL 25 - Sports game, see above.
NBA 2K14 - Sports game, see above.
NBA Live 14 - Sports game, see above.
Need for Speed: Rivals - Not my thing.
Skylanders Swap Force - Can die for all I care. Give me back the old Spyro.

Angry Birds Star Wars - Can die for all I care.
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Yay, shame I haven't finished the others.
Battlefield 4 - Not my thing.
Call of Duty: Ghosts - Not my thing.
FIFA 14 - I have no love for sports games.
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - Meh. The last DC fighting game didn't end well, so this never got my attention.
Just Dance 2014 - Not my thing.
Killzone Shadow Fall - Not my thing.
Knack - Never heard of it, but it looks interesting. Would check it out if I had a PS4.
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes - Always been a fan of the LEGO games.
Madden NFL 25 - Sports game, see above.
NBA 2K14 - Sports game, see above.
NBA Live 14 - Sports game, see above.
Need for Speed: Rivals - Not my thing.
Skylanders Swap Force - Can die for all I care. Give me back the old Spyro.
Pretty much, everyone know the good games come out 1-2 years in to the consoles life

The next-gen exclusives for the launch line-up of the ps4 fall flat when compared to the One. The only titles that look interesting are contrast (available on the 360) and resogun.

The only launch titles I'm remotely interested in paying $60 each for are:

Call of Duty: Ghosts - I probably won't get this game. It's getting too repetitive and it looks last-gen.
Battlefield 4 - I might get this game. I'm not sure, really. I didn't enjoy BF3 on the console. 720p, 30 FPS (sometimes less) and only 24 players on huge maps sucked so bad.
Killzone: Shadow Fall - I honestly have no clue. It doesn't have the same grand scale multiplayer that Call of Duty and Battlefield are known for, but the story looks great and the graphics are phenomenal. Do you guys have any input on this game?

Anyway, I don't know... I've gotten pretty tired of FPS games in general. Most of the games I really want to get don't come out till next year. :(

EDIT:

The next-gen exclusives for the launch line-up of the ps4 fall flat when compared to the One. The only titles that look interesting are contrast (available on the 360) and resogun.

Which launch titles from the Xbox One do you think make it a better choice? The ones that have caught my interest before are Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, and Zoo Tycoon.

Dead Rising 3: Looks... okay...
Forza Motorsport 5: Looks good, but I'm not a big fan of racing games... at least the kind that are popular
Ryse: Son of Rome: I'm a sucker for Roman stuff, but isn't the combat just quick time events? If it is, then that's a huge disappointment. But if it isn't, I WANT IT SO BAAAAAD. :p
Zoo Tycoon: Not sure how well this would play on a console. Any input from you guys on this game?

Ryse: Son of Rome: I'm a sucker for Roman stuff, but isn't the combat just quick time events? If it is, then that's a huge disappointment. But if it isn't, I WANT IT SO BAAAAAD. :p
For the stage demo that was presented they altered it to include about 80% more QTE's than the real game will have, just so they could show off the combat flow without risking the demonstrator fucking up on stage and dying ingame.

Rumor has it that it will be adjustable to how often you want QTE's via ingame options once its out, but it will not be every fight forcing QTE.

The only launch titles I'm remotely interested in paying $60 each for are:

Call of Duty: Ghosts - I probably won't get this game. It's getting too repetitive and it looks last-gen.
Battlefield 4 - I might get this game. I'm not sure, really. I didn't enjoy BF3 on the console. 720p, 30 FPS (sometimes less) and only 24 players on huge maps sucked so bad.
Killzone: Shadow Fall - I honestly have no clue. It doesn't have the same grand scale multiplayer that Call of Duty and Battlefield are known for, but the story looks great and the graphics are phenomenal. Do you guys have any input on this game?

Anyway, I don't know... I've gotten pretty tired of FPS games in general. Most of the games I really want to get don't come out till next year. :(

EDIT:

Which launch titles from the Xbox One do you think make it a better choice? The ones that have caught my interest before are Dead Rising 3, Forza Motorsport 5, Ryse: Son of Rome, and Zoo Tycoon.

Dead Rising 3: Looks... okay...
Forza Motorsport 5: Looks good, but I'm not a big fan of racing games... at least the kind that are popular
Zoo Tycoon: Not sure how well this would play on a console. Any input from you guys on this game?

In my opinion:
Dead Rising 3
Forza 5
Ryze
Killer Instinct
Lococycle (to an extent)

Are all superior exclusive launch titties than what is found on the ps4. However, I feel that the ps4 has more interesting titles In the launch window.

Dude Injustice kicked ass! If you're refering to MK vs DC then fair enough, but dude I've been playing this game for months and I ASSURE you it's one of the best fighting games I've played since MK9.

PLUS: It has an AMAZING story mode because NetherRealm Studios is cool and takes the time to create a well thought out story for their games. If you have a 360 or PS3 AT LEAST give the story a play through, how ever much you liked the fighting mechanics really comes down to how fast paced you like your fighting games.

Sorry if I came off any form of dickish but I REALLY loved this game and I don't think it should be overlooked just because the last DC fighting game wasn't good.

Dude Injustice kicked ass! If you're refering to MK vs DC then fair enough, but dude I've been playing this game for months and I ASSURE you it's one of the best fighting games I've played since MK9.

PLUS: It has an AMAZING story mode because NetherRealm Studios is cool and takes the time to create a well thought out story for their games. If you have a 360 or PS3 AT LEAST give the story a play through, how ever much you liked the fighting mechanics really comes down to how fast paced you like your fighting games.

Sorry if I came off any form of dickish but I REALLY loved this game and I don't think it should be overlooked just because the last DC fighting game wasn't good.
Not dickish at all. :p I will look into it for future reference. I have a major soft spot for fighting games anyway. <3

The big problem I had with injustice was if you weren't amazing at the game you were stuck to using the super op characters everybody else used.

Yes but there is normally more than two op characters. Also Marvel > DC. Everybody commence hate and tell me how great batman is.
Actually, I kinda agree. DC only has a handful of decent characters, while Marvel has much more interesting characters. Then again, Marvel also has good movies and games to back them up. DC.... Not so much. >.>; They have a notorious record. Both had/have amazing animated television series, though.

Actually, I kinda agree. DC only has a handful of decent characters, while Marvel has much more interesting characters. Then again, Marvel also has good movies and games to back them up. DC.... Not so much. >.>; They have a notorious record. Both had/have amazing animated television series, though.

Just saying, I'm sure you haven't forgotten about Spiderman 3 and the Arkham series.

Going to get the PS4 probably in March~ish and waiting to see how XBone turns out before buying. Looking forward to playing Angry Bird on PS4.

Yes but there is normally more than two op characters. Also Marvel > DC. Everybody commence hate and tell me how great batman is.
Marvel is better than DC, I won't argue that. I love the heroes in Marvel a lot more than most of DC (except Booster Gold, I love that guy). BUT IMO the DC fighting game is much better than the Marvel one. To me, it's because Injustice is more user friendly as well as adheres to hardcore fighting game players and Marvel vs Capcom 3 (MAHVEL) is strictly for hardcore fighting game players. ALSO a lack of story mode in MAHVEL really hurt my opinion of it since, as NetherRealm proved, it's possible to have a fun fighting game AND tell a good story (which NRS has succeed twice with)

Just saying, I'm sure you haven't forgotten about Spiderman 3 and the Arkham series.
Of course not. The Arkham games are awesome and Spiderman 3 makes me want to eat babies. I never stated both have the perfect record of being awesome, or being crap. Just one is more notorious in one section than another.

Back