• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Question about lag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laharal

I just got on Mumble (no mic though) to follow my town's plans and I want to know if I'm the only one experiencing game lag at the same time I'm on Mumble....

I'm supposed to have a decent Internet connection so I don,' get why a programm like Mumble could slow things down.

...Maybe I'll just get a new pc next year ;)

Many thanks

it could be your PC, and not your internet connection. MC can take a fair amount of memory space when running, so your machine may not be able to handle both programs at the same time. Have you tried running MC and something else, like a media player or something?

it could be your PC, and not your internet connection. MC can take a fair amount of memory space when running, so your machine may not be able to handle both programs at the same time. Have you tried running MC and something else, like a media player or something?
indeed

A friend came over and make me realize how small my RAM was.... Thanks for your pointers guys.. problems solved ;)

Thread over.

1 gig.. I know it is not much but up until a year ago I didn't have that many problems...My pc is old (pc-wise) but I was told that with a few other gigs I should be alright with what I'm using my pc for... That's also explains all the lag I have while streaming videos.. which I don't have on every site ..
But thanks for asking...;)

upgradedram.jpg

1 gig.. I know it is not much but up until a year ago I didn't have that many problems...My pc is old (pc-wise) but I was told that with a few other gigs I should be alright with what I'm using my pc for... That's also explains all the lag I have while streaming videos.. which I don't have on every site ..
But thanks for asking...;)
You should go get some more, RAM doesn't cost that much, 1GB is a bit low for what you could have for about 30 bucks.

Well it may not only be the ram if it is an old computer and you are running multible things at once then one solotion is to run one thing at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back