• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Question about VAC Banns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jivey

Hey Wooty I was playing a while ago, and it said that I had been banned due to VAC detecting my STEAMID using hacks. I have never used hacks before and have never even had a CS hacks downloaded on my computer. I was wondering what would happen if I were to get a new CD-KEY for CS thus giving me a new STEAMID and I transferred my stats.... would I get banned from DFX server because I was transfering my stats from a banned account or what would happen??

-Jivey

the truth of vac is that it doesnt even work, AT ALL! sometimes it just glitches up and says your banned. if i remember correctly, they had shut down vac a couple months ago... so, just try connecting again and it should work. If it doesnt, try the following steps

1. Close CS
2. Go into Steam Options
3. Click Switch User
4. Login Again
5. Run CS

Yea, I've already tried doing that.... it was doing it earlier and that fixed it...but now I can't get into any of the VAC secured servers, even if I try 20 times over. However, thank you for the advice.

you can only get banned from darkfx if:
1. your CURRENT account is banned on VAC
2. we have proof that your current account has hacked on our server

so, if you transfer, you should be fine, but dont forget, transferring doescost $2.99. so you might want to decide on if its worth it or not

yea, if I do get a new cd-key I will most likely just buy the level 20 stuff instead of paying $3 to move stats and get myself another 4 levels :D .

Well I wouldnt see why thats a bad thing since you would be getting the money :p
But its nice to see thats not what you are after...

hmm..good point. Well I'll probably just change over the skills..maybe. I probably won't be getting another copy of CS for a while so I'll have time to think about it.

This happened to me a while ago on DFX. Purge you CS file and log on to steam, then let it download CS again. Sometimes being on a really laggy server can cross your files with another player and leave traces of hacking programs. It can also be that you were hacking on a hacking server, and the injection failed to delete itself.

Alright, thank you for the advice SWAT. But I play at school because my teacher gave me admin so that I could help out with the school network, so I've already installed CS somewhere else and that didn't fix it... I used to be able to get into servers that had VAC on it every now and then...even when I couldn't get into it though, it still would start to "download/precache resources" and do the little bar...but now as soon as I double click on a server that's VAC secured it just says I'm banned. And I highly doubt it is possible that someone could have figured out A)steam account on the school computers, B)gotten my password, c)Downloaded hacks onto the school computers. I believe this because I set up a key string in the registry keys of the computers, that deletes the account names of the people that have been on Steam and wipes out anything that was downloaded in Steam. Plus I have it so that things can only be put onto computers through the Server Admin account, which no other students know the password to.

Ok, did you buy this steam ID from someone else? Cause if you did, tell them that they shouldnt have used hacks so much. Also, contact Valve and ask them to unban you since you never used hacks.

Blech...
2nd day sick from school... but I'm getting better... My temperature is only 100.1, and that's really good, cause it was 103.0 yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back