• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Questions/Problems - Rant ... Learning T9K LTS

JMAL77

Ok so for the last few days I've been strictly playing LTS on the T9K servers. I've gotten frustrated and pissed about several things but I just let them go because I can decide to live without them. When I die and have my stuff despawn within a mere minute or two with it being just me around. I have an issue with that. It's not all that easy to get things and get set up then lose it all. This is the second time I've lost everything. I lag like crap on the server and I think it's because of plugins, that seem to limit what I can do to such an extent that I hardly remember why I truly wanted to come to the LTS T9K server in the first place. Then it hits me, it's just for socialization. I miss the camaraderie and friendship we all had on the t9k Classic Multiplayer server. There's not enough people that play on the other server I'm on for the chit chat that I love and enjoy so much. BUT when I'm killed, and have my stuff despawn, I can't use redstone as it should be allowed, and I feel like everything I do is drastically limited it truly ruins the experience for me and makes me just want to turn everything over and leave.

There's several things I feel can be done to improve things and I feel that if you go exploring you shouldn't be penalized if you die. I feel that I shouldn't have to worry about my stuff being stolen and not knowing who did it because I can't lock anything. I feel... annoyed, frustrated, and saddened. I had so many high hopes and I feel like I'm just being let down. T9K CLMP is what got me into minecraft, it got me to buy the premium, so I'd think that LTS would be sooo much better, but the short comings are just getting too high to overlook. Something needs to be done and soon before people just start migrating to greener pastures.

It's not the plugins, I run rather smoothly.
I've /almost/ lost my items, but got them back again.
It's just a matter of "OHSHITOHSHITPHSHIT GOTTA RUUUUN." Feel when you die.

1. Get some friends who can grab your stuff when you die. That, or just avoid dangerous situations in the first place.

2. Don't worry about theft on LTS. We moderate ourselves very well, and the only time you'll get your items stolen is if you leave an unmarked chest in the middle of nowhere.

3. Lag? This isn't PVP you're playing. Lag shouldn't be a problem unless it makes the entire game unplayable.

I feel that I shouldn't have to worry about my stuff being stolen and not knowing who did it because I can't lock anything.
Not sure why you would have any apprehension for theft anyways? That's kind of the whole point of a whitelist. Granted I say that as being somebody who came around T9K back when Survival was a whitelist setup prior to the move to Towny. Sure, it's not foolproof and isn't a 100% guarantee that something may go missing, but the odds are very slim. Should something go missing from a chest, we can investigate on a as needed basis. Also, as I noted in one of my threads, I can define a region/town area for any chest storage area if you are worried about folks coming by and taking stuff.

When I die and have my stuff despawn within a mere minute or two with it being just me around. I have an issue with that.
That should only happen if the chunk in which you died has somebody else nearby keeping the chunk active, subjecting your items to the countdown, which I believe generally should be about 5 minutes before despawn. If you're worried about loosing stuff, put it in a chest (see also above response in regards to theft) or perhaps try not dying as much. This is "Survival" after all, try talking to those of us who've lost countless stacks of diamonds, enchanted items, etc. from falling into lava. It sucks, yeah, but this isn't easy-mode minecraft.

I lag like crap on the server and I think it's because of plugins, that seem to limit what I can do to such an extent that I hardly remember why I truly wanted to come to the LTS T9K server in the first place.
We do have an occasional bout here and there with block-lag, but it is not a constant issue for most folks. LTS is running very light on overall plug-ins compared to prior Survival worlds. If you're having constant issues with lag, might want to check your internet connection or ensure there's not some other process or i/o intensive apps running on your machine. Generally the only folks who seem to consistantly talk about lag are those outside of the U.S., not much we can do to help that.

I miss the camaraderie and friendship we all had on the t9k Classic Multiplayer server.
There is still plenty, it just happens in Mumble, not game chat where it becomes a neausance and eye-sore from folks gabbing on about nothing and not using things like /msg or /l when they're holding a conversation with one individual and not the entire server.

There's several things I feel can be done to improve things and I feel that if you go exploring you shouldn't be penalized if you die.
Again, this is survival. There are pentalies to one's death. There's always Creative for those who don't like the idea of possibly loosing all their carried posessions upon death.

I can't use redstone as it should be allowed, and I feel like everything I do is drastically limited it truly ruins the experience for me and makes me just want to turn everything over and leave.
Redstone limitations are just something you're going to have to deal with. Unfortunately complicated redstone circuits, especially "clocks", can serve only to lag a server. Want it fixed? Try talking Mojang into actually getting the server coded for real multi-threading so that redstone doesn't lag out the main server threads.

I've lost my entire set of 30 enchanted tools 3 times already....not because of lag, but cause I'm a dumbass...tough up, its part of the game.

Block lag does happen, its the drawback of this game, the way the servers are built, java, and have 20+ people on it...I put the entirety of blame upon Minecraft itself...

As kagato said, there is still loads of the comradery, just not in the public chat of the server. Find some people to build with, join mumble and don't be annoying and you'll be golden....

All of the things mentioned are actually your fault or your ISP's. Either due to bad Internet, or just being dumb with your equipment. Simple as that. And for the Redstone, it can lag the server to hell so the the restriction was put in place. I don't like it either but it's better than always lagging. I absolutely love the state the server is in. I couldn't ask for more without there being downfalls in performance.

2 days ago you told me that you were getting fps drops as well, I'd recommend installing the Optifine mod to increase your fps rates. While this may not fix any lag you are having, the fps drops mentioned previously should be infrequent and you should recieve a stable fps if you meddle with the opitons. Although this isn't the ideal solution, it should help improve your experience.

I get plenty of lag too - it comes and goes - but I put my stuff in a protected chest, and also avoid dying :) I used to play heaps in the 1.0 world, only died 3 times (all from falling), managed to get my stuff back every time with the "OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT GOTTA RUUUUN." (and also, the first time, it was so far down, "OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT AM I ABOUT TO DIE?").

lol Well Skryter as I told you in game, Optifine has helped out a lot. I truly think it'll change my enjoyment of the game a lot.

I get plenty of lag too - it comes and goes - but I put my stuff in a protected chest, and also avoid dying :) I used to play heaps in the 1.0 world, only died 3 times (all from falling), managed to get my stuff back every time with the "OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT GOTTA RUUUUN." (and also, the first time, it was so far down, "OHSHITOHSHITOHSHIT AM I ABOUT TO DIE?").
Likewise
The only way how I've died is falling.

Seriously, it's crazy.

Bro, do you even lag?
I get FPS drops every time I play at home, on my old HP Pavilion from 8 years ago. 15+ FPS is a blessing for me. At those speeds, blocklag is nothing.

Make thread to whine. Respond to the only joke response.

Someone get don's "you are a noob" into this thread.

Back