Rave Pants

Dr_LASR

Well, I need to make rave pans. $ of them, in fact.
My local hardware store does not have any reflective tape, but were buying some glow in the dark paint.
Any tipd or ideas for substitutes for denim? Apparantly it's real expensive.

Oh, and also some ideas for designs.

Also going to post my current design when I finish.

Well, I need to make rave pans. $ of them, in fact.
My local hardware store does not have any reflective tape, but were buying some glow in the dark paint.
Any tipd or ideas for substitutes for denim? Apparantly it's real expensive.

Oh, and also some ideas for designs.

Also going to post my current design when I finish.
Your local automobile store should have some good quality reflective tape. Also: Rave+Denim=usually bad idea. Try something like the fabric combat pants are made out of. Will hold dye better as a bonus.

Your local automobile store should have some good quality reflective tape. Also: Rave+Denim=usually bad idea. Try something like the fabric combat pants are made out of. Will hold dye better as a bonus.

Nice. Just that I don;t know how to make it look bright, even in a lit classroom

Nice. Just that I don;t know how to make it look bright, even in a lit classroom
Use a polyester fabric, the higher percentage polyester the better. It gets uncomfortable after a while, but it holds color better than cotton. Start with fabric that is as white as you can get it, bleach it if you can without damaging the material. Then begin the dying process, which is described far better elsewhere than I could probably do here.

Wait, so buy polyester black pants, cut them accordingly, and dye white fabric with the paint? Alas, here is my design.

Attachments

• photo (3).JPG
    photo (3).JPG
    1 MB · Views: 125
Wait, so buy polyester black pants, cut them accordingly, and dye white fabric with the paint? Alas, here is my design.
Buy white pants, dye whatever parts of them you want colored, then dye the rest black, if black is what you wish them to be. OR. Buy black pants, buy white polyester fabric, dye the fabric, cut it into whatever shape you wish, and attach the shapes to the pants.

There's actually about a dozen ways to do this, but I'm assuming you don't have a full design studio at your beck and call, and so won't describe the more advanced ways.

There's actually about a dozen ways to do this, but I'm assuming you don't have a full design studio at your beck and call, and so won't describe the more advanced ways.

WEll, my grandma sews and knits all the time. Shespretty experienced. Also, I don't want to spend over $50. Mabye a bit over, cvuz I'll use them often, but yeah/.

Back