Redirect Virus help

brantbren

So I just recently got a virus on my computer that whenever I search anything on Google.com I'll be sent to useless sites that don't offer anything and won't allow me to hit the back button out (which is exactly why I want to know if anyone here knows what to do instead of just googling it). I've tried doing what little Youtube videos suggest doing, but none of it works, and I've tried running Full/Comprehensive scans with Norton and Kaspersky TDSSKiller, but those don't find it either.

So this is why I ask, does anyone here know what to do or has had this problem and fixed it before?

Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Norton

I think I found you're problem. Otherwise, you could either re-format you're computer, replace you're hardrive, download a good anti-virus such as spybot/avg or try and find any suspicious processes running in you're task manager and see what executing the process does. With my knowledge on the subject that's all I can suggest.

you could also boot to safemode with networking, then download malwarebytes. install and update then just let it run. I have a feeling you will find quite a few affected files which malwarebytes will find and remove. This should be one of your first steps.....other than getting rid of norton.

you could also boot to safemode with networking, then download malwarebytes. install and update then just let it run. I have a feeling you will find quite a few affected files which malwarebytes will find and remove. This should be one of your first steps.....other than getting rid of norton.

This pretty much. You can never really be to sure though, i usually just reformat when/if i get a virus. It's easy not to get one if you just stay away from Torrent's and game cracks. Scan any .exe files you download just to be safe, websites like Cnet and other big download sites are virus free as everything there is tested and scanned. The last time i got a virus, it was just an annoying "Nginx" redirect virus, it was a pain to get rid of so i just ended up reformatting. The Hard Drives on my laptop are set up so i can reinstall Windows and stuff while keeping some games and .iso movies intact. You could do something similar or just make back-ups of your stuff every so often, some online services are pretty good at keeping your stuff safe with great online storage at a little cost.

Back