• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Relax and keep playing, still a couple of weeks before 1.8

Laharal

I don't know for you guys but I noticed that some people were missing on the server ..... I think it is because some may think that v 1.8 is right around the corner. I saw a few posts about a server funeral like the 27th or 28th of August. A bit early I think....

Just posting this link posted by Pasaria (kudos) where at the end of the video Notch says himself "within a couple of weeks".

So yes, we still have time to make the present world alive and be worth for.

http://www.team9000.net/threads/1-8-is-almost-here.11995/page-2

No offense dude but this is a pointless thread.
Been discussed so many times, and still pointless.

In that case Imma continue digging out my wheat farm. I thought it was all in vain and just started committing suicide...

Meh, I stopped playing beta because once you hear all the amazing things that will come out in 1.8 you aren't content with playing without those features.

No offense dude but this is a pointless thread.
Been discussed so many times, and still pointless.

Y U NO KEEP TO ONE THREAD!!!!
Sorry there is no ''one thread''

No offense taken but there are no stickied thread about a date and I heard/saw fancy rumors...
Lots of question about when.. not many answers.. and the link provided is from this weekend at Pax 2011 so I wanted to update things.
Just trying to help clarify things a bit...... Each day I come less and less people (in my opinion, I may be wrong or unlucky) are on thinking that 1.8 is really near. I just don't like dead worlds....

And if this is sooo double thread them please accept my apologies and lock this. I started it since I didn't see one in the first place after some time around the forum but I saw many speculations.

Edit: Ok there might be this one http://www.team9000.net/threads/stop-freaking-out-about-it.11762/

Sorry about it, just wanted to update with the vid. I could had posted in that one.

Mea culpa.

I don't know for you guys but I noticed that some people were missing on the server ..... I think it is because some may think that v 1.8 is right around the corner.

True, it feels pointless playing when a wipe is on the way. A day, a week, a month - whatever.

Like watching Sandcastles at the beach wash away with the tide, it's been fun for a while. For those desiring to make something epic and lasting, this is not yet the place.

These wipes highlight the value of real life: where things we create stay and mean much more. MC is a good place to make friends; other than that what are we crafting ourselves but an illusion inside an illusion, while RL progress lies in limbo.

Within 2 weeks does not mean 2 weeks, it can show up anywhere in-between. Looking realistically the update can show up as early as next Friday

0_o I thought it was today
small_poker face.jpg

Guess not

True, it feels pointless playing when a wipe is on the way. A day, a week, a month - whatever.

Like watching Sandcastles at the beach wash away with the tide, it's been fun for a while. For those desiring to make something epic and lasting, this is not yet the place.

These wipes highlight the value of real life: where things we create stay and mean much more. MC is a good place to make friends; other than that what are we crafting ourselves but an illusion inside an illusion, while RL progress lies in limbo.
Well said

TL;DR

Back