Robot Combat League

Marioman543216

Okay.. This is just plain weird.. Just PLAIN weird.. but however.. its about Robots controlled by People that fight to the death for 100,000$! I thought you guys would like this stuff so here it is.. Robot Combat League, Hosted by Chris Jericho.

That's a waste of electronics, building a robot then immediately destroying it.

I guarantee you that every raw material that is used in those robots can be recycled. Just because a robot breaks and its own electronics are wrecked does not really mean anything. The raw material is all still there. Conservation of mass. The copper does not suddenly disappear somewhere. There are companies in China that make ENORMOUS profit by recycling raw materials like metal. You ship them all of your broken shit and they seperate it out, melt it down and reform it into usable parts for anything and everything.

Okay.. This is just plain weird.. Just PLAIN weird.. but however.. its about Robots controlled by People that fight to the death for 100,000$! I thought you guys would like this stuff so here it is.. Robot Combat League, Hosted by Chris Jericho.
They had something similar to this, only it was hosted by Mick Foley. <3 Those were the days, man.

So basically, Like the movie "Real Steel" eh?

First I was thinking robot wars, the little RC robots that kicked each others ass, then I watched the video and I shat a brick. If this kicks off, I could see Real Steel becoming a reality. The technologies in real steel may be a bit far fetched, but they aren't impossible. I can see a robot with a rear cam mimicking its owner via Kinect, or just some sort of spatial camera mounted at the owners area and pushing wireless commands to the bot. Robot boxing > real boxing. Seeing people puff up and bleed makes me cringe. Seeing sparks fly and the metal crunching sounds makes me cheer "Hell yeah!".

First I was thinking robot wars, the little RC robots that kicked each others ass, then I watched the video and I shat a brick. If this kicks off, I could see Real Steel becoming a reality. The technologies in real steel may be a bit far fetched, but they aren't impossible. I can see a robot with a rear cam mimicking its owner via Kinect, or just some sort of spatial camera mounted at the owners area and pushing wireless commands to the bot. Robot boxing > real boxing. Seeing people puff up and bleed makes me cringe. Seeing sparks fly and the metal crunching sounds makes me cheer "Hell yeah!".
It actually went on the air last night.

I saw some of it this morning. So much potential, but one thing is crucial that needs to be changed.:

LESS HYPE. MORE FIGHT. I WANT TO SEE 2 BOTS ENTER AND ONE BOT LEAVE.

Back