• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

SA:MP Server?

bhamwildcar

Possible? Anyone besides me even like playing it? Comments? Hate Mail?
Just an idea..... that NG Gaming place seems to have jumped in membership since they got it.
For those that don't know, SA:MP is a mod for GTA: San Andreas that allows multiplayer on servers; most servers are RP, but there are some that just do whatever.

i agree it would be fun if t9k would have a well built role play server, people really enjoy those, heck i might even go back to samp if we had one :D

I actually ran a samp server YEARS ago (before Team9000 actually). I'll look into starting it back up.

So this would be a server for a game?
SA:MP = (Grand Theft Auto) San Andreas Multiplayer (The original doesn't have multiplayer)

I'd join you guys if anybody would like to help me add the mod to my GTASA and instruct me in the finer ethics of multiplayer besides the usual singleplayer infinite rocketlauncher spam.

Whatever you do though STAY AWAY FROM RP SERVERS, darn waste of time and nerves. And then you have the problem where the weapons aren't balanced for mp.

SA:MP is only for version 1.0 of GTA. Most of the GTA installs you get nowadays, including the distro off of Steam, are updated past 1.0, and so SA:MP can't be used for them. I've looked into downgrading my steam install, no luck.

On a side note the mod doesn't query for any liscence key. So you probably just need to borrow a disc from a friend and install a second version.:whistle:

SA:MP is only for version 1.0 of GTA. Most of the GTA installs you get nowadays, including the distro off of Steam, are updated past 1.0, and so SA:MP can't be used for them. I've looked into downgrading my steam install, no luck.
I'm using it with Steam. There's a very specific process, and I can link you if need be.

Possibly the best thing about SAMP is that you can
pirate
the game and still play it online.

I like MTA better, I thought it was a much easier install. If we get a server though, I suppose I would be up for trying it.

Back