• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Say Adios to Digitalriver links

RioDeal

Well that faithful day has come, March 20, the Win7 SP1 links to Digital River stopped working. People are going nuts that anyone wishing to download Windows 7 now has to go to Microsoft support page to download the iso. You can't download ISO's from Digital River anymore. What's more, in order to get the download you have to type in your product key which must be a retail key. So it seems OEM users are now out of luck because they won't have any official way to download an ISO if there is a needs to do so.(how may times do I tell people to backup there file? *Troll face*).

No but seriously It is a pain but you may ask "why?". Well some Senior Editor tech sites pretty much explain that its a move from Microsoft to expand there site and having everything come all together. several years ago, when Microsoft contracted with outsourcing company Digital River to provide download services for Windows bits. it was convenient if you had a problem with your PC. But if your HD crashes, you got to buy not only a new HD but also a retail box of Win7. Now if you saved your iso on a computer from digital river keep it! you never know if you'll need it.

Howdy peps :D good to see everyone and hopefully I'll be on mumble later this week. If you don't use mumble just comment here or send me a message on my inbox.

As always, I would like to hear from you guys, give a comment about the blog and what do think about this. This was going to happen, right? To soon? Throw a Block of cobblestone at Bill? (His retired so he would care less). Have Princess Celestia throw a spell? Have Pyro cook up a nice way over done ribs? mmm..... ribs... well any way. TALK!

You can still run a quick search on TPB to grab a fully working .iso file for win7 that either comes with 7loader or comes with the product key already applied during instalation. People don't need to pay on the official site (although it's good if they do) they just need to know where to look.

@ thee_pro about a year ago I was working on some computers and I was out of product Keys so I did a few web searches and found Digisoft and plaza something, not sure of the name and you could buy legal Product Key for like half the price. and your right because some sites will give you both the iso and Product Key to download once you've paid you'll get a link in your email.

I'm going to be perfectly honest, I have absolutely no clue as to anything you juwt wrote. So yeah, interesting. Time for Google.

Back