Scary thread

Darth_Purrface

This is the scary thread....

Post whatever scares the sh*t, disturbs the life, or slaps the sanity out of you here.....

640px-SMG2_SB_Beyonghellvalleysky.png

this scenario always freaks me out:

Say your bedroom is on the second floor of your house, and the staircase down is next to your room.

you hear your mother's voice coming from downstairs. she says "(your name), come down here quick, I think I heard something."

As you walk towards the stairs, and while you are at the top of the stairs, you hear your mother's voice coming from the direction you just came from saying:

"DOn't go down the stairs, I heard it too."

Which voice do you listen to?

Say your bedroom is on the second floor of your house, and the staircase down is next to your room.

you hear your mother's voice coming from downstairs. she says "(your name), come down here quick, I think I heard something."

As you walk towards the stairs, and while you are at the top of the stairs, you hear your mother's voice coming from the direction you just came from saying:

Go downstairs and quit being a baby ghosts and shit aren't real it's like a mouse or some shit.

But-but... my house doesn't have a second floor. :eek:

You won't ever make progress in science if you have this attitude.
I'm no scientist. So I'm not affecting the world whatsoever, it makes my life much more enjoyable living in my opinion, I also highly doubt anything scientific that can benefit us relates to ghosts whatsoever.

I don't see it, I don't believe it.
I'm no scientist. So I'm not affecting the world whatsoever, it makes my life much more enjoyable living in my opinion, I also highly doubt anything scientific that can benefit us relates to ghosts whatsoever.
This attitude totally fits with this thread; scares the shit out of me.

Ever see an electron? Too small? Ok, how 'bout them black holes, eh? What's that you say? Too far, too dark? Fine, radio waves; you use a radio don't you? They're invisible, ya say? There sure is a lot of stuff you don't believe in... Oh, you seen da pictures of 'em. Yeah, I seen pictures too; can't wait to get me one of them floaty cats and a Sasquatch.

Correct, you are not a scientist, but you do affect the world. Correct, a life of selective ignorance must be very comfortable indeed. Fortunately, many of us can't stand to live that way.

This attitude totally fits with this thread; scares the shit out of me.

Ever see an electron? Too small? Ok, how 'bout them black holes, eh? What's that you say? Too far, too dark? Fine, radio waves; you use a radio don't you? They're invisible, ya say? There sure is a lot of stuff you don't believe in... Oh, you seen da pictures of 'em. Yeah, I seen pictures too; can't wait to get me one of them floaty cats and a Sasquatch.

Correct, you are not a scientist, but you do affect the world. Correct, a life of selective ignorance must be very comfortable indeed. Fortunately, many of us can't stand to live that way.
Wait, you're telling me we haven't seen electrons? Microscopes. There is plenty of technology that was developed allowing us to see things we can't normally see with the naked eye. Is there any technology used to see ghosts? No, ghost shows are absolute shit and are just feeding people's crazy beliefs. I'm glad my attitude scares the shit out of you, maybe in the future you WON'T talk to me again so I don't have to speak to someone trying to degrade me.

Wait, you're telling me we haven't seen electrons? Microscopes. There is plenty of technology that was developed allowing us to see things we can't normally see with the naked eye. Is there any technology used to see ghosts? No, ghost shows are absolute shit and are just feeding people's crazy beliefs. I'm glad my attitude scares the shit out of you, maybe in the future you WON'T talk to me again so I don't have to speak to someone trying to degrade me.
So you could tell me what an electron looks like? You have my attention.

Feel free to argue against this, but I don't consider a lack of proof to be evidence for or against a case. Drag a random person into court and shout "We have no evidence that this man/woman murdered anyone!" You will get some strange looks.

So you could tell me what an electron looks like? You have my attention.

Feel free to argue against this, but I don't consider a lack of proof to be evidence for or against a case. Drag a random person into court and shout "We have no evidence that this man/woman murdered anyone!" You will get some strange looks.
Give me actual proof that ghosts exist. So far all you have to argue is crappy quality fake videos/pictures and the word of people who belong in a mental asylum. You cannot relate ghosts to a court case. In a court case actual professional research is being done to prove a crime was commited, if they had no evidence someone murdered somebody, they would search for evidence, if no evidence was found then they would further look innocent. Not the other way around. Please rethink this and just because "The all might minicacti" believes it's true doesn't mean it's true because he can incorrectly relate it to something different.

Give me actual proof that ghosts exist. So far all you have to argue is crappy quality fake videos/pictures and the word of people who belong in a mental asylum. You cannot relate ghosts to a court case. In a court case actual professional research is being done to prove a crime was commited, if they had no evidence someone murdered somebody, they would search for evidence, if no evidence was found then they would further look innocent. Not the other way around. Please rethink this and just because "The all might minicacti" believes it's true doesn't mean it's true because he can incorrectly relate it to something different.
I have not said that ghosts exist, nor have I ever seen or experienced ones actions. I said that a lack of "evidence" to their existence is not proof against it. A lack of evidence is exactly that. A lack of evidence. No scientific conclusion may be made. However, our inability to "see" something does mean it doesn't exist.

Good luck to you in finding scientific evidence for the 'supernatural'.

In short - no scientific evidence = no scientific conclusion. (Ghosts are not necessarily scientific to begin with. They could be, though.)

Give me actual proof that ghosts exist. So far all you have to argue is crappy quality fake videos/pictures and the word of people who belong in a mental asylum.
Now I have to butt in just once more here, sorry. Buuut.. There are people that can and have seen ghosts and they're not batshit crazy (I agree all tv shows and basically all pictures are absolute bullshit, I'm talking about just regular people, not people trying to become rich and famous with idiotic claims). I don't have anything to prove the existence of ghosts but my word, from my own experience. So you think I belong in an asylum?

I apologize if this made no sense, I'm doing a million different things at once xD

I have not said that ghosts exist, nor have I ever seen or experienced ones actions. I said that a lack of "evidence" to their existence is not proof against it. A lack of evidence is exactly that. A lack of evidence. No scientific conclusion may be made. However, our inability to "see" something does mean it doesn't exist.

Good luck to you in finding scientific evidence for the 'supernatural'.

In short - no scientific evidence = no scientific conclusion. (Ghosts are not necessarily scientific to begin with. They could be, though.)
No proof = not real until proven. Not the other way around. There is no actual proof, (I'm not believing anyone on this, because all the stories sound just as much as lies as the videos and images are) so there is no way you can say they exist. I'm not going to reply anymore because I am sick of arguing with someone that does not understand but listens to majority opinion.

Back