• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Scoo77 & debrah6 - Please tell me this is ban-worthy.

StTheo

Spam:
2013-01-30_23.39.33.png
2013-01-30_23.38.09.png
2013-01-30_23.30.15.png

Totally 13+ years old spelling skills: hear (incorrect usage), minet, leas, wate, brans (?), svival, becose, dos, ware (first screenshot).
2013-01-30_23.29.25.png
2013-01-30_23.29.35.png
2013-01-30_23.30.09.png

Please give /ignore to us. Please. Pretty please. I'm so sick of this. I haven't been able to use /ignore in a very long time, and they are so unbelievably annoying. Please do us the favor of giving /ignore to us. ("Community" reference)

I'll bring it up to Wooty. IDK if a pure ignore is on the docket, but I'll see if we can't get a /localonly or something... or /hidechat to turn it off entirely... we shall see...

There is an option in minecraft's settings/multiplayer settings to disable multiplayer chat altogether. I know this isn't a convenient solution, but it is an option at least.

There is an option in minecraft's settings/multiplayer settings to disable multiplayer chat altogether. I know this isn't a convenient solution, but it is an option at least.
Use this...

An option that does nothing to filter chat, which is what StTheo is actually after. Why should a person that plays on this server have to deal with spammers/trolls when a filter tool would work better? Who is to say that the person that wants chat to be quiet wants to be totally oblivious to everything, including server/console announcements?

What I'm saying Allimon is that providing what you request is work...it requires the finding of a plugin that works or, more probably, the writing of a custom plugin that will do it right and not mess up. This is on top of the already daunting task of managing a Minecraft server, running a Gaming community, providing a custom fork of Mumble, Game servers(Launch, I say, Launch) chat, reworking zenforo to something entirely different and better(the forums are hardly zenforo any more) as well as Wooty handling his actual Job. There are issues pawning these things off to people, as they never get done right, or even close to right, like they should. There are a LOT of things going on here so any time we tell you to use a work around, then it has been talked about, but isn't on the immediate docket. If you want to request features or report bugs please go to the Mantis Bug Tracker and fill out the appropriate filing.

What I'm saying Allimon is that providing what you request is work...it requires the finding of a plugin that works or, more probably, the writing of a custom plugin that will do it right and not mess up. This is on top of the already daunting task of managing a Minecraft server, running a Gaming community, providing a custom fork of Mumble, Game servers(Launch, I say, Launch) chat, reworking zenforo to something entirely different and better(the forums are hardly zenforo any more) as well as Wooty handling his actual Job. There are issues pawning these things off to people, as they never get done right, or even close to right, like they should. There are a LOT of things going on here so any time we tell you to use a work around, then it has been talked about, but isn't on the immediate docket. If you want to request features or report bugs please go to the Mantis Bug Tracker and fill out the appropriate filing.

These are all things I'm quite aware of and I wish Wooty the best of luck, however, my sole purpose in even stating what I did was to show that removing chat entirely is an unsatisfactory solution for those that wish to pay attention to chat while ignoring others.

There has also been a longstanding request for this feature, among many others regarding Minecraft. It's simply a waiting game at this point and as the requests remain at a standstill without any visible feedback from the one that will solve them, faith in the system will be lost and other venues will be pursued, perhaps in addition the Mantis.

My personal opinion, not necessarily that of Team9000 as a whole is that what you request isn't a feature as much a a tool that breeds segregation and builds an immense barrier for people new to the community to overcome. It allows people to flat out ignore someone when the first thing they read of theirs might be them saying silly. If I were to have had this, and used it(though I am principally against it on the servers) throughout the growth of Team9000, I would have immediately ignored Casey, Apoc, Bored, and many other people who are awesome people and an integral part of the Community. Yes there are people around who are abnoxious(cough cough rsmv < 3 ) and yes they are generally disliked by many people, but I personally feel that that is against the concept of a community. If you don't like them, fine, make that decision then don't interact with them, that's your choice. But, the day might come when YOU genuinely need assistance, or are looking for some sort of answer and someone, specifically the person who is needed to provide the proper answer or assistance, has you muted, ignored, just because you said one silly thing. My over arching point here is grow up, learn to deal, and other things, more important things, regarding the stability of the server, the security of the website, and generally other peoples lives are going to take precedence.

Again, this is my own personal opinion, not that of Team9000. I want to make the separation clear, as I can look past my opinion to deal with what needs to be dealt with, it doesn't change my view.

Also, know I hold nothing against you Allimon, this is just my thoughts.

< 3

(PS Thank you for participating in a rational discussion.)

know I hold nothing against you Allimon, this is just my thoughts.

< 3

This would be more appropriate in a thread outside of the ban appeals/abuse report category. It would see more attention too.

My personal opinion, not necessarily that of Team9000 as a whole is that what you request isn't a feature as much a a tool that breeds segregation and builds an immense barrier for people new to the community to overcome. It allows people to flat out ignore someone when the first thing they read of theirs might be them saying silly. If I were to have had this, and used it(though I am principally against it on the servers) throughout the growth of Team9000, I would have immediately ignored Casey, Apoc, Bored, and many other people who are awesome people and an integral part of the Community. Yes there are people around who are abnoxious(cough cough rsmv < 3 ) and yes they are generally disliked by many people, but I personally feel that that is against the concept of a community. If you don't like them, fine, make that decision then don't interact with them, that's your choice. But, the day might come when YOU genuinely need assistance, or are looking for some sort of answer and someone, specifically the person who is needed to provide the proper answer or assistance, has you muted, ignored, just because you said one silly thing. My over arching point here is grow up, learn to deal, and other things, more important things, regarding the stability of the server, the security of the website, and generally other peoples lives are going to take precedence.

Again, this is my own personal opinion, not that of Team9000. I want to make the separation clear, as I can look past my opinion to deal with what needs to be dealt with, it doesn't change my view.

Also, know I hold nothing against you Allimon, this is just my thoughts.

< 3

I've made the mistake of ignoring someone I shouldn't have before. Though it was fixed when I saw only one half of a rational conversation, I can understand that line of thought. However, without ignore, abuse reports like this one (which I wasn't even sure was merited) become the only way to deal with annoying people. There are also quite a lot of people who join, speed/guess through the quiz, ask questions that the quiz explained, don't listen to the answers (or suggestions to go back to the quiz), then get frustrated and leave. Those cases are way too frequent for abuse reports or disabling the chat to be an effective filter.

If ignore is out of the question, what if we made it so that people could choose to only see chat messages from their world?

I do think we have the right to choose whether or not we want to interact with someone. /ignore really did not interfere with the growth of the community when it was in use. It was only temporary as well, so If the ignored person were to leave the server and then come back later, they would be able to interact with those who ignored them. People could then choose whether or not they wanted to keep them ignored, if say they were not as obnoxious as before.

I like the idea of chat being filtered by the world you're in, but that might make interacting with people from other worlds difficult when you may actually want to. There would have to be a way to see who is in what world.

It was only temporary as well, so If the ignored person were to leave the server and then come back later, they would be able to interact with those who ignored them.
See, now, this is an alternative I would accept. An ignore until the person ignored/the ignorer re-logged or for 24 hours or a week or something like that... If anything is on the docket I could live with something like this.

Further information on this: Writing a mod for this, as the way Minecraft handles chat is, pardon my language, a cluster fuck, is probably not going to happen. If you can find one that does it, either the full ignore or a timed ignore, we will see if it can work, but I don't promise anything. ><

Further information on this: Writing a mod for this, as the way Minecraft handles chat is, pardon my language, a cluster fuck, is probably not going to happen. If you can find one that does it, either the full ignore or a timed ignore, we will see if it can work, but I don't promise anything. ><
Is there anything wrong with HeroChat?

Is there anything wrong with HeroChat?

For me, anything goes as long as it doesn't turn the chat box into a rainbow. I really hate it when I join a server and see this wall of neon colors in chat because of all the different player rank colors, adverts, and junk. y'knowwutimean? I've heard good things about HeroChat though- it has /ignore and channels! Sounds like a perfect solution.

Linksies for ollees consideration http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/herochat/

For me, anything goes as long as it doesn't turn the chat box into a rainbow. I really hate it when I join a server and see this wall of neon colors in chat because of all the different player rank colors, adverts, and junk. y'knowwutimean? I've heard good things about HeroChat though- it has /ignore and channels! Sounds like a perfect solution.

Linksies for ollees consideration http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/herochat/
I think we had it once before, which means that at one point there was a reason to stop using it. That worries me...

I think what we had was a chat system w/ towny, that allowed town chat and the ability to ignore chat other than town chat. I don't know anything about hero chat, but I'll run bastardizing it past wooty...

Back