Skullcandies.

Ropz

Well, I've thought of this for a while now. I want to invest in some high quality headphones for mainly music listening and Fruity Loops experimenting.

Since my music taste is mostly electronic, I need something that has extreme amounts of bass, yet still look cool enough to carry around in public places.

So I've done a bit of research on the subject, and I think I've found the perfect solution to all my problems:
skullcandy-korvaklapid-skullcrushers-snoop-dogg-sinine-15858.jpg

Skullcrushers from Skullcandy seem to be the best for me. Plus the design on this edition is awshum! But I'm still having my doubts.

Now my question is, do any of you have experience with Skullcandy headphones? I mean like, how durable are they and how good the music sounds? Is it worth the extra money compared to cheaper headphones? Do they feel good on your head? Would you suggest other headphones? and etc.

In my neck of the woods, Skullcandies are pretty much known as the trailer trash of the rich people. I don't want to carp all over your research, but I will advise -- don't buy those.

General consensus: "They aren't bad, but they certainly aren't good. Especially not at that price."

Thanks for the feedback, but could you suggest something else for my needs then? :D

skullcandies = shit. I had some skullcrushers and they broke after 10 days. forget them.

buy AKG. they are awsome, i have them myself :3

Skullcandy is crap, I prefer Sennheiser, I find the price to be reasonable and the quality to be amazing.

Skullcandy is crap, I prefer Sennheiser, I find the price to be reasonable and the quality to be amazing.
of course, if you have the money buy sennheiser, no questioning that. They are so fuggin awsome, the quality is one of the best you can get. Tho, if you like getting something for your money i still take AKG before sennheiser.

Skullcandies have fallen out of the picture, Sennheisers fall out of my budget, SteelSeries look awful and AKG's are not avaliable for my country.

I did find a pair of Sony MDR-XB500's which seem quite good and relatively cheap. Reviewers say that the bass is overwhelming (note that XB stands for Extra Bass), but that's pretty much what I'm looking for. If I don't like it, I can always use an equalizer to balance things up.

But I'm still looking for advice on what headphones to buy.

Thanks for your help guys!

Edit:

Also what fruit loop experiment

FL Studio, also known as Fruity Loops is a digital audio workstation, or in other words, a mixing program.

Ropz said:
Well, I've thought of this for a while now. I want to invest in some high quality headphones for mainly music listening and Fruity Loops experimenting.

Since my music taste is mostly electronic, I need something that has extreme amounts of bass, yet still look cool enough to carry around in public places.

So I've done a bit of research on the subject, and I think I've found the perfect solution to all my problems:

Skullcrushers from Skullcandy seem to be the best for me. Plus the design on this edition is awshum! But I'm still having my doubts.

Now my question is, do any of you have experience with Skullcandy headphones? I mean like, how durable are they and how good the music sounds? Is it worth the extra money compared to cheaper headphones? Do they feel good on your head? Would you suggest other headphones? and etc.

Waste of money. Just cause they look cool doesnt mean you need them.

Not sure about beats by dre, I have no say on headphones, as I really don't care abou t them

Waste of money. Just cause they look cool doesnt mean you need them.

Not sure about beats by dre, I have no say on headphones, as I really don't care abou t them
Oh damn, I forgot Beats by Dr. Dre! If you have the money, buy those. A friend of mine has them, and the sound quality is SO epic. :O

O.K...

What I have is a pair of Audio-Technica WS-50's. They are a lovely set of 'phones.
They are part of the 'Solid Bass' range of Audio-Technica gear. And they do have incredibly solid bass.
They look cool, they're relitavely cheap, they have a wide aural range and are comfortable.
I love them.

There's also the more expensive WS-70's, which are even more comfortable and are made out of metal. But there's not much difference in sound quality.

Audio-Technica are a really good brand for 'phones.

Back