Skyrim: A Game of Beauty.

After 24 hours of complete frustration, I have finally gotten my final capture card test onto youtube...
If your Computer is better than mine, watch it in 720p HD quality (which is still not as good as the raw footage... oh well...)

Just a few notes from someone who has mastered the capture card world:

1) Your clip is stretched beyond belief. It appears that you were playing the game in 16x9, recorded it with black bars to 4x3, interpreted it as 16x9 anamorphically, squished it back to 4x3, then rendered it anamorphic AGAIN.

2) Because your card is capturing in 4x3 originally, this means that it has a meximum resolution of 480p (most likely), meaning that uploading it at 720p is a waste. You're just upconverting the source footage when you render it. Youtube does this for you in the player, and you don't need to upload it that way.

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg

Just a few notes from someone who has mastered the capture card world:

1) Your clip is stretched beyond belief. It appears that you were playing the game in 16x9, recorded it with black bars to 4x3, interpreted it as 16x9 amamorphically, squished it back to 4x3, then rendered it amamorphic AGAIN.

2) Because your card is capturing in 4x3 originally, this means that it has a meximum resolution of 480p (most likely), meaning that uploading it at 720p is a waste. You're just upconverting the source footage when you render it. Youtube does this for you in the player, and you don't need to upload it that way.

TheMoreYouKnow.jpg
How do I go about not capturing in 16x9? I can't seem to find an option for it... and when I uploaded the video it only gave me options for 360p and 720p for viewing it.. an hour later, it magically adds in the option for 480p and its the same quality as 720... I am severely confused since this is my first time ever capturing video with the damn thing :P

and as for the first part of your post... what? it does these things automatically, I have no idea what you mean...

How do I go about not capturing in 16x9? I can't seem to find an option for it... and when I uploaded the video it only gave me options for 360p and 720p for viewing it.. an hour later, it magically adds in the option for 480p and its the same quality as 720... I am severely confused since this is my first time ever capturing video with the damn thing :P

You can't capture in 16x9. Composite and s-video are a 4x 3 standard (they typically transmit 720x480). These standards can be used anamorphically to provide 16x9, but most cheap capture cards don't support this option.

this is how I had it set while playing and recording so I don't know what to do :(
View attachment 82340

Make sure that your game console is set to output in 4x3, and record in 4x3.

Or, if you're lucky, you might be able to set your game console to 16x9, and record in 16x9 (if the capture card knows how to interpret the anamorphic signal).

Or, if you're lucky, you might be able to set your game console to 16x9, and record in 16x9 (if the capture card knows how to interpret the anamorphic signal).
Found the culprit, hidden little bastard option was checked off without me knowing it
It was set as this:1.png

when it should have been this:2.png

did you put the video through any other software, or did you upload it straight to youtube?
I run it through VideoPad video editor professional so it can compress and make it into different quality levels. The raw footage was 8.3GB, compressed into 720p quality it was 2.4GB
these are the options it gives you:
3.png

I run it through VideoPad video editor professional so it can compress and make it into different quality levels. The raw footage was 8.3GB, compressed into 720p quality it was 2.4GB
these are the options it gives you:
View attachment 82348

You're upconverting, which is bad. You should be exporting at TV NTSC (640x480). You can't magically "make" 720p video from the 480p video you're starting with. YouTube will do its best to make the 480p video look the best it can be.

You're upconverting, which is bad. You should be exporting at TV NTSC (640x480). You can't magically "make" 720p video from the 480p video you're starting with. YouTube will do its best to make the 480p video look the best it can be.
Thank you, now I know what I am doing and the 50 places I went wrong in the process :P

Current video card is a Sapphire ATI Radeon HD4650 running on the Catalyst 11.8 drivers. My Video card isn't the problem (its one of the best AGP cards I can get for my motherboard) but I need a better Processor, thats my problem. also my PC has only 2GB RAM in it for overall memory.

Edit: the card is a 1GB DDR2 AGP card
Well then, you won't be able to find any nice proccesors for that motherboard if it supports DDR2 Instead of DDR3/DDR5 you might want to consider a large upgrade as not just a CPU will upgrade alot, although in you case a CPU would still be an effective upgrade.

I believe they stepped it up with Skyrim. I enjoy the magic spells' quality that have been improved, along with the scenery of course.

That moment when you type in
Code:
x3
and it comes out as x3

Back