• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Slam Poem.

Mightythedj23

For my Creative writing class i have to write a slam poem. i have it written, but like, i dunno if it's any good. Poems are not my best hat. A slam poem, for those who dunno, is a poem with no rhyme scheme, or 'pattern' in a sense; it's like free verse but not at the same time i guess? All i know is Imagery is a huge part of it. so without further ado, here it is.

***NOTE: there are music references in this as well, lemme know in the comments if you pick up on them.

I wouldn't want to be like you.

If i had to choose, i still wouldn't be like you.

I don't care about you and what you do.

Why? Because, you are so much like a scorpion it sickens me. The way you talk, how you act, just being near you pisses me off.

What you do that annoys me you may ask? well, it's actually two things you do.

The way you look around at all your hive minded friends, like the drone bees they are, following your every order, to make sure they are laughing with you when you made fun of that poor kid with the words you spoke.

Words. Of course, i know you don't care about what you say or who you say it to; Little scorpions only look out for themselves.

you're a scorpion. But, care to know why? No, on second thought, i won't give you the option to not hear me. you WILL know why.

You're a scorpion because when you find your prey, you clamp down on them with your pincers, closing your grip tighter and tighter the more they try to flee, like a chinese finger trap. Then, while they are good and defenseless, you stab them with your poison soaked barb of hate, then you sit back and watch as your words of pain take hold of your victim and destroys them from the inside out.

But you don't stop thee. Oh no, that's too simple for someone so "clever".

Your words are colder than a razor blade, more constricting than a tourniquet, and leaves your victims as sad as a funeral drum.

I wouldn't want to be like you.

Why? because, while you scurry around, looking for your next target, i run at full force on my hooves of Compassion and defending, ready to crush you like the little arachnid you are.

While you're meek and dangerous to be around, i'm bold and headstrong. I'm a Ram.

Sure, you can fight back all you want, but your barb of hate won't do you any good against me. My horns will tear you apart, outer shell of ego and all.

Then, once you're all good and defenseless, i'll deal the final blow, the blow to your precious and fragile ego you hide underneath your cold and cruel outer shell. Sure, to onlookers that may seem a bit harsh or excessive, a ram taking down a small scorpion, and you might gain a few sympathizers, but you know, and i know, that what i'm doing is right and fair.

Like the leader in a pack of wolves, i watch over the rest of my pack, even as each member i help and protect movwes on to start their on pack of help and kindness.

So, While you broadcast all your razor wind words on a radio of chaos, while you crawl back to your home on Ammonia avenue, i'll be rockin' the paradise of compassion and kindness.

Always ready to clash again, if you ever decide to strike at me.

Always ready to counter your pincers of terror and barb of hate with my horns of compassion;

Because i am, i'm me.

And i wouldn't want to be like you.

When I get on my computer I'll give you some detailed feedback brah.
I'll just say for now that it's good but it's a bit simplistic and cliched.
Poems are a bitch tho

I'm going to go copy and paste this poem to an email and send it to everyone I don't like.

Also, I'm not a writing critic, so I don't really know what to say other than the fact that it's interesting and fairly decent. :thumbsup:

Back