Smartphone+Lego=Worlds fastest Rubik's Cube Solver

Or you could buy some counselling to get your sister nuder control.
Counselling.png

To be fair, if you watch the phone closely. It spends the first 1.5 seconds "scanning" all six sides. It HAS to do this to begin the algorithm, then you notice the program that solves takes over for the other 4 seconds. If it did not count the scan, it would be only about 2.8-3.5 seconds. Still amazing.

I like how it absorbs the cube, solves, and spits out.

It's pretty amazing to me that its a phone. Granted, they most liekyl erased all of its memory so it would function as a phone we could buy from any carrier, but they didn't change any of the actual hardware on the phone. Just 40-50yrs ago it would have taken a computer that would have filled an entire room a day or more to calculate the most efficient process to solving the puzzle.

To be fair, if you watch the phone closely. It spends the first 1.5 seconds "scanning" all six sides. It HAS to do this to begin the algorithm, then you notice the program that solves takes over for the other 4 seconds. If it did not count the scan, it would be only about 2.8-3.5 seconds. Still amazing.

I like how it absorbs the cube, solves, and spits out.
Actually, in the Rubik's Cube professional competitions and tournaments, people who participate are allowed a few seconds to inspect the cube, and then right after that place their palms on the timer, and then start.

I think the fact that the cube is already being held by the machine), rather than having to reach for it, lift it, and then start plays a huge role in why it was slightly faster. Human competitors need to have their hands on the table, with the cube in front of them, reach for it, orient it, and then start cubing...

so machine is cheating :P

Actually, in the Rubik's Cube professional competitions and tournaments, people who participate are allowed a few seconds to inspect the cube, and then right after that place their palms on the timer, and then start.

I think the fact that the cube is already being held by the machine), rather than having to reach for it, lift it, and then start plays a huge role in why it was slightly faster. Human competitors need to have their hands on the table, with the cube in front of them, reach for it, orient it, and then start cubing...

so machine is cheating :P
Machines always cheat

Yeah, it would take like 3 seconds for the stupid thing to get it though, that's probably why they did that, it can't win without a special advantage haha
now now, Zov, we don't wanna make the Cubesolver feel too bad eh? i mean it's still cool and all and now we're criticizing it for having a somewhat slight advantage over humans?

Overanalyze all the videos!!!

Back