• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

So I have decided to write my thoughts...

MiniCacti

I was thinking earlier today about the lack of content I have put into T9K. I consider myself a member, play the games, and check the forums and news (there is rarely any news, btw) every time I get on the computer. Yet I have done very little here. These thoughts branched into a number of other subjects that I will write about after I do some research. You will probably find them below this paragraph, unless I stop writing and never post this - which may happen if the urge to get up, make a sandwich, and simply remain silent becomes to great.

The sandwich urge has been repressed, and my fingers are tapping away. Anyway, most of the following paragraphs branched from reasons I came up with for the lack of content. The first and major reason, I thought, was that there was nothing that applied to me. I have only played Minecraft Classic on this server, so the MC BETA section was out. The Mumble section was also eliminated, as I have it, but never use it. Other is fun to surf, but feels more geared towards the T9K Insiders. The entire Symposium falls into the same category as Other; not intended for a great deal of input by every visitor. I don't even have to mention Dark Effects. That left MC Classic. One out of the ten categories. Even in MC Classic I was left out. Aside from occasional general discussions, many threads are about personal problems or large projects that I am not involved in. The Zone11 and Issue (think "CoolKidFreake") Threads are prime examples. But then I realized that there were threads that did involve me, and I had even contributed to them. These threads are, primarily, Builder Discussion and the former Spleef Tournament threads (not the new spleef teams, in case you weren't around for KC's tourney). Looking back at "My Content", nearly all of it is in those few threads, a project I did with Pyrofiredelta, a couple random postings interspersed throughout, and my promo apps at the back. As if that wasn't bad enough, things looked even worse the more I pondered.

I have made 46 total postings, with this as number 47. 14 are in my promos, 6 are for Pyro's project, 10 are in Builder Discussion, and 4 were in Tacodude's Alliance. That leaves 12 comments for random threads and the tourney, which I apparently only posted twice in. (For the tourney, I have a map somewhere in there, my timezone and location, and several posts in an argument. idk where they all went). Of all these threads, Builder Discussion was my passion. I had seen and even taken part in the builder douchebaggery and watched the horrifying showdown between SnackyNorph and the Admins, and his quickly following demotion. Needless to say, I felt very involved in that topic. I posted my opinion on it, got involved, and felt like part of a group, a team. Us builders were going to fix our reputation and make the world look at us in awe and wonder. If you go to that thread now, you'll see it has degraded into a festering hole of trolldom. The spleef tourney threads had gone the same way with Killz and Vorsprung trading verbal punches across multiple threads, surrounded by yet more trolldom. The two topics I really cared about had both fallen to pieces, died, and decayed.

The second reason tied into the first one. I thought, "Well, if very little applies to me, then I have very little to say." Yes, it is a very naive idea, but I had it in my head anyway. Up until Builder Discussion I had thrown periodic comments into a few threads, somehow thinking I was going to flood the forums and become similar to an annoying 8-year-old in the MC chat. The last thing I wanted to do was become a pest.

The third and final reason for my low amount of input was that I was just another face in the crowd. I let the big players do the talking and stood on the sidelines. "Let the Admins and vets answer this guest's thread", I had decided.

Aha, now it's time for the fun part - destroying all these excuses. I can kill the first two using the simple statement "If it affects T9K, then it affects and applies to me." The first and second excuses are both proven wrong. Much affects T9k, therefore much applies to me, if much applies to me, then there is plenty that I can say. Correct me if I'm wrong, but more commenting will not flood the forums, or be pesky. They have a post button, I should use it. Not spam it, but use it.

As for being just another face in the crowd, that is cured by adding your voice to the crowd. The people near to you will hear, and then you are part of a group in the crowd.

Basically, I have no reason to be silent, and plenty to speak. So expect to hear more from me in the future.

P.S. I just clicked preview, and I thank anyone who takes the time to read this monstrosity. It looked a lot smaller when I was typing it. :laugh:

P.P.S. Two people have posted blogs in the time it took to write this. In case you hadn't figured out, I'm a slow typer.

If you really want to start being more active on the forums/contributing more to Team 9000, you should check the "Off Topic" section more often. There are usually 6-10 threads that are just that. Go check them out, you can speak your opinions and more importantly help others out.
This really was an enjoyable wall of text! I kinda feel the need to make my own entry after reading that...

Well, there's nothing stopping you. Once again, sorry for the whole Killz debarcle. But I'd like to see you round a bit more.

Thank you so much for not being a spammer. Having 47 quality posts is so much more valuable than 1000 useless ones.

Also, please, please, please help us out by reporting posts which are off topic or derail threads. We're trying our best to clean that up.

Very insightful blog. It can be a little...intimidating (for lack of a better word) to post your own thoughts and feeling somewhere for everyone there to see and judge anonymously. I look forward to seeing your name a bit more on here.

Mini, I can only re-state what woot and moon have already said, I do sincerely look forward to seeing your name pop up a little bit more, and I do recommend jumping into mumble and talking with us on occasion, Just as I, and several others have found out, T9k has a lot to offer to anyone willing to hang out with us.

I can just prove godlib right, T9K really has a shitload of things to offer. I saw you often on classic, and I would really love to see some stuff and opinions from you :D

As for "jumping into mumble", that will probably not happen. My parents work on their computers about ten feet from where I am sitting, and would not appreciate me chatting. Also, my little sister will have a fit if I take the beaches off the xbox. She spends a large amount of time talking to her buddies on them.

On the other hand, it would be nice to listen in and maybe throw out a text or two.

Back