• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

So i've been wondering..

Mightythedj23

For about two to three years now i've had an idea for a vlog series, and at this point with college coming up in the fall and my future small business and stuff, i was giving serious consideration in using it on a channel i'd make for youtube, under my business name.

The Idea is called "The DJ's Corner" and set up in a legit corner of wherever i'd be living, (most likely an apartment, lol) with the camera aimed at me and my pink floyd posters on the wall.

The idea itself is that kind of like a radio talk show, i answer questions i am sent via email or whatever, i talk about things that pique my interest, give and discuss the music history of the day, (possibly as a segment) then talk about the song of the video.

Basically this "...and now for the song of the video: "Fallen Angels" by Aerosmith." Then i would give some info about the album the song came from, the artwork (if i have the physical album) then sign off and let the song play.

I was thinking that before i even attempt this, that it would be a good idea to do a few dry runs and tested stuff, and i figured t9k would be a good place to start. There's plenty of you out there who share the same musical tastes as i do. :p

So what do you guys think?

Noice dude :D

I think, with what you're aiming for out of serious consideration, that to start off a vlog series would be pretty darn cool if you can pull it off. And, I have no doubt that you can, and starting with us is probably a good choice. I especially would like the part where you provide background information on songs from then. So, I'm wondering, is it all genre of music you'll be likely playing? Or is it specific one's from the past?

Anyways, best of luck with this man :D

I'm going to warn you now. The music idea? Don't. You can go over an album just fine, but you play any length of a copyrighted song, and you'll be slammed hard with copyright issues. Enough of those, and your account will be shut down. Youtube doesn't fuck around with that anymore. Any amount, and it'll happen. Other than that, I say go for it, ya prick. <3

@Chiba i see, and if i were to play a song as background music? i mean under the standard youtube license and (going form when i was working with audio in video production) copyright infringement happens when the item in question (song in this case) was used for profit without the consent of the owner; i don't plan on making a profit from my channel, so what do you think i should do My brohah?

Copyright infringement has nothing to do with you making money from it. I don't know why people think that that has anything to do with it. It has to do with you using someone else's material without having approval. Typically you're allowed to play parts of a song (about 15 seconds is normal) for the purpose of a review, or criticism, but you're not allowed to just use it, regardless of if you're making money.

You don't really get auto-sued for using someone else's music on youtube. They have an automated system which scans your audio looking for songs you don't have the rights to. If you use something you could have your video removed, the audio removed, or in some cases the person who owns the music could start making money off of your video for you. It depends on the policy of the rights holder. Look at this for more info: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/2797370

If you are going to use music, I suggest using Creative Commons-licensed songs. There are some pretty amazing ones out there, and unlike songs from major labels, which are both under copyright and most people have already heard, these songs are usually free to use with credit given, and are usually unheard of by the masses.

Back