So who else thinks that LoZ: Deity needs to be a reality?

Aetherrack

I was wandering through the interwebz, as I am liable to do when bored. Came across some interesting art that reminded me of a discussion I had once on a Legend of Zelda forum. The topic was centered around Fierce Deity Link (you may remember him from Majora's Mask) and how different Deity (ie. Dark Deity, Water Deity, etc) versions of Link could make a truly epic game.

The game would play through like any of the other games, having a storyline themed around Deities and how the different reincarnations of Link throughout the millennia have taken different forms when approaching their final heroic deed. Upon 100% completion of different temples or areas (each relating to a different part of the game's "history"), a Deity Mask would be granted to Link by one of the Three Goddesses (who never really appear in any other game, making this one completely unique). The Deity Masks would grant Link particularly powerful weaponry and skills related to the Deity type, much like Fierce Deity Link had the over-powered Double-Helix Sword.

So I want to hear your opinions, T9K. Would LoZ: Deity make a good game? (The picture features a mock-up of Dark Fierce Deity Link - mostly unrelated to this game concept.)
fiercedeity.jpg

I have never gotten to deep with the LoZ franchise (aside from the first one) but this sounds like an interesting concept that Nintendo could definitely explore. I read is at first as lolz deity and I was like waaaa?

I was wandering through the interwebz, as I am liable to do when bored. Came across some interesting art that reminded me of a discussion I had once on a Legend of Zelda forum. The topic was centered around Fierce Deity Link (you may remember him from Majora's Mask) and how different Deity (ie. Dark Deity, Water Deity, etc) versions of Link could make a truly epic game.

The game would play through like any of the other games, having a storyline themed around Deities and how the different reincarnations of Link throughout the millennia have taken different forms when approaching their final heroic deed. Upon 100% completion of different temples or areas (each relating to a different part of the game's "history"), a Deity Mask would be granted to Link by one of the Three Goddesses (who never really appear in any other game, making this one completely unique). The Deity Masks would grant Link particularly powerful weaponry and skills related to the Deity type, much like Fierce Deity Link had the over-powered Double-Helix Sword.

So I want to hear your opinions, T9K. Would LoZ: Deity make a good game? (The picture features a mock-up of Dark Fierce Deity Link - mostly unrelated to this game concept.)
fiercedeity.jpg
I am liking this idea.

Back