• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Sophisticated lady and the son of a poor man. Pt 1 (song story)

Mightythedj23

Before we begin, i'd like to point out this song story was created from REO Speedwagon's album "The essential REO speedwagon"; a dual album. this is only part one, but without further delay, enjoy the story :D

It's another one of those love stories, except this one is a little different. This one is between a sophisticated lady and a music man, which takes place in the Golden country. Now, he was the son of a poor man. That didn't stop them from getting married. One day, while they were taking a walk, lost in a dream, she was kidnapped. He ran after her and her kidnappers, but they had a pistol with them, and shot him in the leg. Even though he was wounded and his strength was gone, he kept pushin'; fighting to save his girl. The kidnappers had stepped into a van wither her and drove off, leaving him to bleed out. A local of the town had passed by and saw him on the ground, bleeding. So, he brought him to the town's hospital. While there, a Priest had been in the hospital (saying a few words on behalf of a recently passed man.) The priest had walked into his room, and he told the priest all that had happened. The priest sat back, as if taking it all in, and said "son, i believe our time is gonna come." As the priest walked out, our main character layed on his hospital bed, wondering what the priest had meant by that. "Odd thing to say really" he thought to himself, "doesn't seem to make much sense." After a few weeks had passed and his leg had healed up, the music man had fled the hospital as fast as lightning, looking to find any type of clue as to where his fiance could have been taken to. He searched all over town, yet found nothing. As he was about to give up for the day, he spotted a van in the driveway of a local in the town, the exact colour and body frame of the one the kidnappers drove off in. He ran up to the door of the house, and asked the man if he had seen anything. "Sir, i hate to be a bother, but have you seen a group of men, about my height, dark clothing, driving a van like you do?" The man rubbed his face and replied "i can't say that i have, sorry." The music man, feeling all hope was lost, started down off of the front porch of the man's house when he shouted "Hey." The music man turned around, loking at the man. "Yeah?" he asked. the man said "There's a place, an old, abandoned building, called the Flying turkey trot. used to be a bar, but got forclosed on. your best bet would be to look there for your girl." The music man instantly asked "Where is it?" the man said "it's over yonder; on 157 riverside avenue." "Thanks Mr...i'm sorry, i didn't cath your name." the music man said, smiling. Chuckling, the man had said "you didn't catch my name because i didn't say it. Now, what are you waitin for? you got a girl to save!" the music man shook his hand, and left. As he was running, he realized when he got there, he'd be in for the fight of his life. "well," he thought, "looks like i'll be ridin' the storm out, on way or another." When he got the the bar, he opened the door, and saw it was empty. Well, almost empty, his girl was there, tied up behind the bar. he ran over and untied her, seeing the cuts and bruises on her. "What'd they do to you?" he asked, realizing she was unconcious. He carried her over his shoulders; across both, layin her across his shoulders. At that moment, when he went to the door, the kidnappers had arrived, most likely from a night on the town; they seemed to be drunk. "oh shit...my luck can't be that bad.." He thought to himself. As he thought that, One of the kidnappers pulled a gun out and shot him in the shoulder; just missing his fiance by a few inches. In pain, he realized he wouldn't last very long, especially with her over his shoulders. The second kidnapper of the group pulled a knife out and had sliced his leg open. the Music man had fallen onto one leg, disoriented from the pain and blood loss. At that moment, he had thought, "this is it, this is the end. well, i had a good run i suppose. i had to roll with the changes, and i did." at this point he heard a loud noise. At the door the police had arrived, shot the kidnappers, but not fatally wounding them, and had arrested them. The music man and his fiance had been sent to the Hospital, his second time, her first. When he came to, he saw his fiance laying next to him, reading. "Hey" was all he could manage to say to her. She replied with a teary eyed look and hugged him, tighter than ever before. (tight enough it re-opened the wound on his shoulder.) he looked at her and said "Time for me to fly." with that, he got up from his bed, wounds still wrapped up in guaze, and headed to the door. she grabbed his arm, stopping him and said, "Say you love me or say goodnight." he turned around, looked at her and whispered in her ear, then left. She was smiling at what he had said.

Thanks for reading. the song used in this story are (and in order on the album): Sopshiticated Lady, Music man, golden Country. Son of a Poor Man(#) Lost in a Dream, Keep Pushin' (I believe) Our Time is Gonna Come, Lightning, Like you do, Flying Turkey trot, 157 Riverside avenue, Ridin' the storm out, roll with the changes, Time for me to fly, Say you love me or say goodnight.

Part 2 will be out soon. i think. i dunno.

Having not read the story is it safe to assume that the sophisticated lady is your gf and you're the son of the poor man?

Back