Spam, spam and more spam.

Can we have the option to ignore threads? If we can't stop the spammers I at least would like to not see their threads cluttering up half of the homepage. There's probably a better more official place to ask for this but whatever.

Is this a new record?

t9k spam.png

Woot prefers we ignore them.....There is no spam....

Spam cost resources and time to put up. If we ignore them (but click report) they lose their spam to die in the pits dead threads.

If we reply to their spam it will live on in luxury on the front page.

Anyone have any leads as to why these are popping up right now?

I mean, Winter 2014-2015 Team9000 is nothing compared to Winter 2011-2012 Team9000 by site traffic or something. It seems like this is pretty random. Were there any changes to the site to make this more of a target for the spam or anything?

I mean, Winter 2014-2015 Team9000 is nothing compared to Winter 2011-2012 Team9000 by site traffic or something. It seems like this is pretty random. Were there any changes to the site to make this more of a target for the spam or anything?
Spambots are getting more sophisticated.
spambot.png

Seriously though, I don't remember where, but I believe there was a company that was actually making serious coin "teaching" spambot AI how to defeat Captchas.

Tempted to say the crowd attracted with the free services launch provides has opened us up to a broader array of spam bots. Just look at the amount of views videos have on the tubes for our launch services.

Yep, the free server hosting video that the guy made screwed us over. I mean, T9k has like what, 15 active members? If that...

Yep, the free server hosting video that the guy made screwed us over. I mean, T9k has like what, 15 active members? If that...
*cough*we get more than that on Theo's Minecraft server on a decent weekend. Granted, not many more...

so hey. ive been gone for a bit....came back to robots trying and failing to communicate with us...is this a thing?

Back