• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Spawn rail station

Pyrofiredelta

I was wondering if it were to be possible to have a rail station inside of spawn town connecting to spawn tower. from there, guests could hop on a cart into a ring around spawn owned by a special "town"*. from the ring, there could be juctions leading to tracks to the major cities, and the tracks can stop and swerve to include smaller towns. This idea could help town to town trading and improve tourism in each town.
this is just a suggestion, but i hope its implemented after the next wipe.

I would see a very large quantity of raging and bitching and complaining regarding this...

Actually the idea isnt bad at all, but it has to be implemented before spawn is surrounded by player owned cities.
Is this world case, it would have to be second build after spawn tower if we want such kind of transportation.

Negatives can arise too, as quite speedy spread of griefers from spawn, but thats what Towny and bans are for.
Right now, when you look at the map, majority of claimed land is within 1k radius of spawn tower. There are some big cities really far, mostly due to fact they want space/be away and also they have manpower (as resources come along with it) to have transportation lowering the travel time. There is almost nothing between those two extremes.

I would actually like to see some reasonable arguments against this idea. Maybe with more spawn points being implemented (after wipe) we will see better spread ...

in case of multiple spawn points, the spread wont change much (maybe more large distances depending on the furthest spawn point), but the importance of main spawn routes and thus inter-city relationships is weakened.

The idea is great, but if will be very hard to pull off, because t9k is still riddled with griefers.

Back