Star Citizen

mcfar45

Star Citizen is a space sim game, developed by the legendary Chris Roberts, which will be released on PC only around 2014/2015.

The goal of the project is to make a game that is "a destination, not a one-off story...a complete universe where any number of stories can take place". You will be able to decide your own game experience and get jobs, join clans and do all sorts of other things. In essence, it is a giant space sandbox world for you to play in and mold to your liking.

Of course this game is a co-op/multiplayer game but there is a single player campaign as well. Obviously, though, the multiplayer world aspect is the core of the experience, where an entire world can be shaped by the actions of those in it and a world where you and your friends or clan can go exploring anywhere at any time. It really is up to you.

Being a space sim, transport will be done through space ships which you have full freedom flying. As well as ships there will be a full economy which will be player shaped and some players may choose to be merchants, some pirates, some might choose to be suppliers to the merchants and others will be fighters, just like a real world. And you are not necessarily locked into a job, you can decide that you don't like being a merchant and you can instantly become a pirate you a fighter or join the military.

Basically, this game is going to be huge and as you can tell I am excited for it.

The game has a Kickstarter campaign going here and you can see all the project details here.

There are also some clans being formed already, such as the Systems United Navy of which I am a founder.

(Totally didn't sign up at Systems United Navy)
The game looks like it's going to be a great success, and I hope to waste a lot of my lifespan playing it.

Anyone play that game Freelancer?
I'm getting a kind of vibe of that from this.

If that's so, I'll love this game unconditionally.

Damn, this sounds like something I could waste my life on and have no regrets about it! Too bad for the two year wait though, reading that article really got me pumped for this game.

This will probably be the only KS/CF game I will fund to date.

"The reports of my wallets death have been greatly inaggerated."

Here are some images of the RSi Constellation

001jpg-19d367.jpg

016jpg-5a809c.jpg

015jpg-5a809b.jpg

013jpg-5a809a.jpg

012jpg-5a8099.jpg

009jpg-5a8098.jpg

008jpg-19d36c.jpg

006jpg-5a8097.jpg

004jpg-19d369.jpg

003jpg-5a8096.jpg

005jpg-19d36a.jpg

011jpg-19d36e.jpg

010jpg-19d36d.jpg

017jpg-19d370.jpg

007jpg-19d36b.jpg

002jpg-19d368.jpg

Awesome!

And an article from IGN to go with it
IGN Article -> Now All You Need is a Wookiee

Pilot AI (WIP)

Cinematic Trailer

The project is only 52k away from 4 Million dollars pledged! With two days and 20 hours to go!

Current projection rate below
kCvA2.png

I am definitely interested in this game. So very few space games allow multiplayer in a single ship. As well as the ever expanding universe with player created lore, this will make for a great game.

So, we hit 5.5 mil, so the Bengal Carrier is assured!
How high can it reach?!

Also, new footage.
http://vimeo.com/53829036#

I hope there's some degree of balance to the game. I don't want to be ridiculed by lvl99 bandits or fighting an invulnerable civilan freight train.

Back