• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

State of the Alpha Server

bigheadzach

Board Game Pimp
Haven't checked it in quite a few number of days...with all the updates that have happened recently (and with hey0's mod currently patched to match, at build 125), are we going to use the most current version at this point?

Yep, we actually just reset the entire world (after much mourning over losing old content) in order to get a fresh world full of biomes. Keep in mind, if you are going to play on the new world, there's a new policy.

If you want to play survival (collect materials, build only with what you find, etc.), you MUST built to the EAST of the DMZ area. The DMZ area is a line about 30 blocks wide and spans from north to south indefinitely, passing through spawn.

If you want to play creative (access the /give commands and get unlimited materials), you MUST build to the WEST of the DMZ area.

This way, everyone wins :).

I wanted to join the Alpha server once, but its whitelisted, so here comes the noobish question - how can i apply for the whitelist? :p

I think everyone desperately wants to know this but is afraid to ask XD

I think it's that with the abundance of griefing happening on the Classic server (and the lack of anti-griefing tools currently available for Alpha), Wooty's being extra paranoid.

...for good reason.

The alpha server is currently whitelist access only. We don't have a set process for getting whitelisted (yet).

But generally,
If you are an active, social player who loves to play games for fun and relaxation rather than to win...
If you have been ranked past 'Cool' on the classic server...
If you are actively involved with Team9000... ( hanging out on the forums, during the casts )
If you are over 18...
If you are on the Mumble...
If you are not a douche...

Then you are probably already on the whitelist.
Here is a kind of an old post by Ozy.

I think it's that with the abundance of griefing happening on the Classic server (and the lack of anti-griefing tools currently available for Alpha), Wooty's being extra paranoid.

...for good reason.

Makes sense. One griefer on Alpha would be a hundred times worse than Classic...

The alpha server is currently whitelist access only. We don't have a set process for getting whitelisted (yet).

But generally,
If you are an active, social player who loves to play games for fun and relaxation rather than to win...
If you are actively involved with Team9000... ( hanging out on the forums, during the casts )
If you are over 18...

I'm all of that...except...I don't want to be on Mumble :eek:

But generally,
If you are over 18...

I'm all of that...except...I don't want to be on Mumble :eek:[/QUOTE]

Same, and I want and can be on Mumble, but i'm not 18 years old :saddd:

Back