WHAT
WAAAAAAHHHHHTTTT
WHAHAHEPWJONHLPNHAW:LKF
THAT SO SMALL
WH
WHAOPJKNHD

My mind has been blown.

I WANT ONE NOW.

I'd rather just build a desktop. From what I've read. The specs don't warrant the $1000 price tag. But we'll see.

I think it's based of something worth 1000 and equal to that, but worth about 400-500 I think.
Don't quote me on that.

There's supposedly a $500 model and a $1000 one. They will be able to run Windows and Linux which is nice. I just hope the Linux distribution that comes with it isn't Ubuntu. They're also rumored to have AMD APU's.

To clarify, this is not even confirmed to be the Steam Box. The company has a partnership with Valve. This is not confirmed to be the same product.

They're modular computers and this is a postulation on this company's behalf.

...Fuckin' sweet though

To clarify, this is not even confirmed to be the Steam Box. The company has a partnership with Valve. This is not confirmed to be the same product.

Who cares? This is awesome!

[ORGASM]

(Watch video)

[/ORGASM]

This isn't the Steam box... Piston is just one of several hardware projects being developed by various companies with Valve's support.

Gabe Newell: "We'll come out with our own [system] and we'll sell it to consumers by ourselves. That'll be a Linux box, [and] if you want to install Windows you can. We're not going to make it hard. This is not some locked box by any stretch of the imagination. We also think that a controller that has higher precision and lower latency is another interesting thing to have."

Gabe Newell Clarifies That Piston Is Not the "Steam Box"

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...ll-Clarifies-That-Piston-Is-Not-the-Steam-Box

I'm actually relieved. The Piston looks like crap imo.

Or I could just not waste my money on either, considering I just need to run stuff like Minecraft.
I don't see why you would be dissing it for being expensive then, when you have no need for it.

That's like if I complained that a smartphone is too expensive if I only would use it to make phonecalls.

So, there's this thing, Ouya and Nvidia announced their own portable PC gaming thingy-ma-jig at CES.

Anyone notice a trend?

So, there's this thing, Ouya and Nvidia announced their own portable PC gaming thingy-ma-jig at CES.

Anyone notice a trend?
I feel like Ouya might get stomped if Piston is the only thing that has Steam on it, even if it is a $400 difference.

I haven't heard of the Nvidia thing until now, actually.

This isn't the Steam box... Piston is just one of several hardware projects being developed by various companies with Valve's support.

Gabe Newell: "We'll come out with our own [system] and we'll sell it to consumers by ourselves. That'll be a Linux box, [and] if you want to install Windows you can. We're not going to make it hard. This is not some locked box by any stretch of the imagination. We also think that a controller that has higher precision and lower latency is another interesting thing to have."

Gabe Newell Clarifies That Piston Is Not the "Steam Box"

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/new...ll-Clarifies-That-Piston-Is-Not-the-Steam-Box

I'm actually relieved. The Piston looks like crap imo.
Either way, it'll run Big Picture just fine, plus it's not going to run more than the 100 or so games steam for linux uses.

I feel like Ouya might get stomped if Piston is the only thing that has Steam on it, even if it is a $400 difference.

I haven't heard of the Nvidia thing until now, actually.
Pretty sure its called Project Shield. Its basically a really thick controller with a little monitor attached to its back. I think its supposed to play PC games as well, since the video I saw of it had BLOPS2 running on it.

But tbh this Steam Box thing looks to be pretty interesting. I might get one myself if the price doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. And the ouya has potential, but I won't be looking at it until it has confirmed games that I'm interested in.

Pretty sure its called Project Shield. Its basically a really thick controller with a little monitor attached to its back. I think its supposed to play PC games as well, since the video I saw of it had BLOPS2 running on it.

But tbh this Steam Box thing looks to be pretty interesting. I might get one myself if the price doesn't cost me an arm and a leg. And the ouya has potential, but I won't be looking at it until it has confirmed games that I'm interested in.
The SHEILD runs anything which can run on android. There have been some PC games ported to it, though.

Back