• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Suggestion: Double Engineer Kick Equals Ban

However if the person reporting the grief is below engineer and the person with banhammer is hidden then there can be the effect of it being based on word but is not

You could not possibly be more wrong. No player is banned without the person banning them seeing grief in person or doing a history on the grief checking multiple times.
Oops missed something. I meant that the player with ban powers would go and teleport over to the person who shouted "Grief!" and if truly grief, then ban the players involved.

Oops missed something. I meant that the player with ban powers would go and teleport over to the person who shouted "Grief!" and if truly grief, then ban the players involved.

sorry for jumping on you, all context is lost when your just reading text and i interpreted what you said in your first post to mean something else.

Ok, here's my opinion and view on how bans work, or at least how I ban. Sometimes I fly around the guest world looking at builds. Every now and then I see a nice big tower with its bottom 4-5 layers covered with holes. That's when I swoop in with a /history and check the history on the missing blocks. Then I check the history on the building. Then, I take a moment to step back and look at how much damage was done and decide if the grief is ban worthy. Then i do a quick /info or a /where to check if the player is online and maybe some of his stats. If he is online, I bring him to the site of the grief, and while I might joke around with my questioning, I feel that the questions I ask and the answers I received are vital to the person's fate. If I were to bring a person to the site of the grief and ask him something like "Yo, sup, had fun griefing?" and the guy answers " F#$^ YOU N***A C**T" then I hope everyone agrees that this person is undeserving of a "chance". That is basically how I ban based off -h.

Obviously the other kinds of bans are the swastika bans, penis bans, nude skins/hitler skin bans, name bans, language bans etc etc.

For the swastika builds I usually check the middle block, followed by one of the "arms" of the swastika, to confirm that the whole swastika was made by the same person. Otherwise it would suck to have to ban an innocent person who made a cross, only to have it converted into a swas by some 13 year old nazi wannabe. As for nude skins and hitler skin bans, I usually warn the person and kick them and if I see them return again without changing their skin, I ban them. I tend not to warn for name bans as its almost always just a name ban and the reason shows up clearly so I assume he should be able to get the message. And finally, the obvious language ban is usually accompanied by reason "trolololol" as the most common way to get banend for profanity is the use of it while trolling.

Ok, here's my opinion and view on how bans work, or at least how I ban. Sometimes I fly around the guest world looking at builds. Every now and then I see a nice big tower with its bottom 4-5 layers covered with holes. That's when I swoop in with a /history and check the history on the missing blocks. Then I check the history on the building. Then, I take a moment to step back and look at how much damage was done and decide if the grief is ban worthy. Then i do a quick /info or a /where to check if the player is online and maybe some of his stats. If he is online, I bring him to the site of the grief, and while I might joke around with my questioning, I feel that the questions I ask and the answers I received are vital to the person's fate. If I were to bring a person to the site of the grief and ask him something like "Yo, sup, had fun griefing?" and the guy answers " F#$^ YOU N***A C**T" then I hope everyone agrees that this person is undeserving of a "chance". That is basically how I ban based off -h.

Obviously the other kinds of bans are the swastika bans, penis bans, nude skins/hitler skin bans, name bans, language bans etc etc.

For the swastika builds I usually check the middle block, followed by one of the "arms" of the swastika, to confirm that the whole swastika was made by the same person. Otherwise it would suck to have to ban an innocent person who made a cross, only to have it converted into a swas by some 13 year old nazi wannabe. As for nude skins and hitler skin bans, I usually warn the person and kick them and if I see them return again without changing their skin, I ban them. I tend not to warn for name bans as its almost always just a name ban and the reason shows up clearly so I assume he should be able to get the message. And finally, the obvious language ban is usually accompanied by reason "trolololol" as the most common way to get banend for profanity is the use of it while trolling.

You should write a manual on kicking/banning. Unless one already exists, then you should write a revised version with footnotes and a foreward and what-not.

there is one. but i agree. konflakes definitely should revise it.

EDIT: there's actually TWO.

Well, I was being semi-facetious. I knew there was at least one floating around out there in the wiki or something. A revision or maybe a more stern following of said manual should be followed. Maybe. You needn't listen to me. I am but a lowly Engineer. :doy:

Back