• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Suggestion for the Future: Initial Spawn City

Great idea!!! and even if this doesnt happen the path from spawn to oxytown needs to be better marked with less roads branching off of it unlabled

I also like this idea, hiking atm kinda blows getting from town to town, especially since any attempt at tranportation in the outlands is griefed immediately.... A hub like this would make it easier to get to, by looking at the coords for the different cities I think that now with the new EC portal so far from EP, that EP may turn into another Oxytown and be a ghost town before long :( ...... "sadface"...

EC is a really hard city to build in. I doubt that people will actually stick with it, with the inherent danger XD.

I'm new to T9K survival, and I completely agree with Jerzey, the distances that new players need to travel is insane. I know it deters griefing, but it also deters any honest players that just want to look around.

Really, there is no reason to have them close other than convenience. Team9000's Survival Community is proud to say we keep the game decently realistic. The simple fact that it is inconvenient means you can have epic adventures along the way! Sure, walking straight from point A to point B is boring and takes more time than most people are willing to spend, but let's be honest here. If you want that, you aren't playing for survival, you're playing for the creative side of the game. In which case, I suggest you hunker down in one city and mine that area.

HAVING SAID THAT:

If this is something that we desperately want, I can help make it happen. Get 25 different people to say 'Aye' to this idea, in this thread, after this post, and I'll get it started.

Really, there is no reason to have them close other than convenience. Team9000's Survival Community is proud to say we keep the game decently realistic. The simple fact that it is inconvenient means you can have epic adventures along the way! Sure, walking straight from point A to point B is boring and takes more time than most people are willing to spend, but let's be honest here. If you want that, you aren't playing for survival, you're playing for the creative side of the game. In which case, I suggest you hunker down in one city and mine that area.

I think the problem Gurw is that most players do just that; they stay close to the cities and very rarely venture out into the outlands. Most people other than the occasional death don't go back to spawn and don't have to make the trek. Therefore, only two types of players make the journey to the cities: new players and griefers.

The initial spawn city would obviously be a convenience but mainly to new players. The spawn city would also promote travel between cities and possibly keep cities active longer (like Oxytown).

The spawn city would prevent grieving of the spawn zone; however, i would expect an increase in grieving of Minetopia. On the flip side, patroling of the non-permit cities would increase and could prevent some of the expected problems. Obviously griefers can't grief build permit cities, so this will continue to not be a concern.

As far as the adventure aspect is concerned, the spawn city would have a portal to outlands. If anything having only one portal would increase the adventure. Currently, there are pockets of development and heavily explored areas around each portal. A single portal would only have one "pocket."

I am sure there are many more benefits and negatives of having a spawn world that what was listed here, but you get the gist.

I PM'd you explaining why that is. And he would be welcome to manage it, I just provide the means to get this going :D

We need this, but with some empty room for shops and emmbasy's from smaller factions

Back