• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Suggestion for the Future: Initial Spawn City

I refuse to move to EC until this is made... or at least SOMETHING is done to make the trip between EP and EC shorter!

perhaps in the suggestion box forum?

also, i personally like the way we have it now. makes it hard for griefers to actually do anything seriously damaging, even in minetopia.

Yes it makes it harder to grieve, but we have white-listing so I think minetopia should be the only one hard to get too. Or option two, we should let Minetopia just be like the guests worlds in classic. They are grieve-able but you can still build there and instead of asking for promo to cool ask for permit to one of the cities white listed.

Yes it makes it harder to grieve, but we have white-listing so I think minetopia should be the only one hard to get too. Or option two, we should let Minetopia just be like the guests worlds in classic. They are grieve-able but you can still build there and instead of asking for promo to cool ask for permit to one of the cities white listed.
option #2.

My personal opinion is that although it may get grieved more; more people will be going to and can report the grieving faster and reverse it.

If people are that worried about Minetopia getting grieved we could have the portal world to only white-listed cities. Then people will just have to make the trek to Minetopia from the outlands portal.

My personal opinion is that although it may get grieved more; more people will be going to and can report the grieving faster and reverse it.

If people are that worried about Minetopia getting grieved we could have the portal world to only white-listed cities. Then people will just have to make the trek to Minetopia from the outlands portal.
That would probaly mean that people apply for permits without ever bothering to build there and then they would complain if there was a outlands wipe.Although your idea would deter griefers

That would probaly mean that people apply for permits without ever bothering to build there and then they would complain if there was a outlands wipe.Although your idea would deter griefers

Minetopia doesn't get wiped; only the outlands. What it really comes down to is do we want to make it greif-proof or user-friendly?

User-friendly, of course. We don't need to make it harder for griefers to start griefing, we need it harder for them to continue once a user has noticed it. Meaning, of course, that we need more moderators.

we have over a dozen experienced players working on it right now, and we are working on several options. the final result is expected to be ready for presentation to woot in about two weeks (i'm just tossing a ballpark figure, it depends on a lot of things that are up in the air right now).

Back