• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Suggestion: How about an app for iPhones and Androids?

HecticRapidz

This is something I have been thinking about for a while and it would be very helpful. So comment on your thoughts and have fun :) :D and staart NOW

Recently ive been restricted to my phone because my computer isnt working atm, but to my point i think an app for iphone's and androids would be alot easier to access and browse through the forums, i personly do get irritated at the banner while on my phone due to the banner moving and making it nearly inpossible to do anything. Any spelling mistakes i apoligise for. - Squishy

Recently ive been restricted to my phone because my computer isnt working atm, but to my point i think an app for iphone's and androids would be alot easier to access and browse through the forums, i personly do get irritated at the banner while on my phone due to the banner moving and making it nearly inpossible to do anything. Any spelling mistakes i apoligise for. - Squishy

... forum runner

We already HAVE an Android/Iphone app. It's called Forum runner.

Android
iPhone

Why does no one listen to me?

We already HAVE an Android/Iphone app. It's called Forum runner.

Android
iPhone

Why does no one listen to me?
Thought you said this:
We already HATE our Android/iPhone app. Forum Runner

[link to android]
[link to iphone]

Why is it so bad?

Not even kidding a quick skim made me read it over.
I wish forum runner was on WP7. On my phone it says: Cannot read website's security certificate. May be false and try stealing information. IDC so I press login. It says, are you sure, the certificate is unidentified, and I'm like yabro. It says, nobro. So I have to exit out login and it tells me an unspecified error happened. ://///

It is a trap!!!
You have to pay for forum runner, if you use the free versuon you cant reply to threads. If yoy dont want to spend your money on it, dont even attttempt at downliading the free version, it sucks.

It is a trap!!!
You have to pay for forum runner, if you use the free versuon you cant reply to threads. If yoy dont want to spend your money on it, dont even attttempt at downliading the free version, it sucks.
It's like 2 or 3 dollars? You can buy a cheeseburger for that.....

No! All software that's ever been created ever should be totally and completely free! People don't work really hard to write software at all.. it just appears in front of them. Wanting payment for their work is just profiteering!

No! All software that's ever been created ever should be totally and completely free! People don't work really hard to write software at all.. it just appears in front of them. Wanting payment for their work is just profiteering!
is that sarcasm?

Forum Runner is a great app for this...I wish there was a way to see the blog posts when you're using it though :(

And I agree with Crane's sarcasm, app developers do need to make a living, just like game developers and software developers. While you might not like paying for an app just think about what you would do if that was your app and your source of income...

The same goes for interent advertisements...sites need money to pay for bandwidth...I only use adblock plus if I find an ad annoying, if the ads are not annoying and distracting then I will allow them to be viewed so that the site gets some income to stay active.

But still, even when you download the full forumrunner app, you can still go to the forum. I was thinking about a real t9k app, with also the blogs and chat in it, and if it is possible even more. If there was an app like that, i would buy it.

But still, even when you download the full forumrunner app, you can still go to the forum. I was thinking about a real t9k app, with also the blogs and chat in it, and if it is possible even more. If there was an app like that, i would buy it.
That would require someone who is willing to code such a complex app from scratch. This would require a lot of time and effort which is something a lot of us don't have.

To access chat on your phone just use an IRC Client.
To access the forums use Forum Runner
To access the blogs, use your computer

Back