• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

t9k Blog, pt 6.

Mightythedj23

When i regained consciousness, i quickly realized i was not on the bridge to Sebastian; I was back in the Library of the ancients, on a cot next to the Fountain.

"uhm....w-what? how am i here?" I said, still groggy from blacking out.

As i said that, i heard rumbling coming from the ceiling.

"You're in the Library, we found you lying in a charred heap on what was left of the Bridge to Sebastian. By the way, how does fire hurt you? your sword's element is fire. Doesn't make a lot of sense when you get right down to it." A familiar voice said.

I turned to my other side in the direction the voice was coming from, and Saw Gurw, sitting in the exact place he was the last time i was here, still drinking that amber coloured liquid.

"Gurw..you found me?" i asked in a daze.

"No, the Council of Eighteen sent a search party to get you."

"A search party? i was only gone maybe one cycle at the most." i said, with a tone of panic slowly creeping up into my voice, in spite of myself.

"No, you were not gone a cycle," Gurw started, getting up from his chair and slowly walking towards me, "you were gone a fortcycle*."

Panic quickly overtook my voice, "What?! what happened to me then? what did they do to me?!"

"Relax, you're going to agitate your wounds even more. All i know from the report is that you were found in a cave right before you hit the sea when on the rail system, with a note affixed to you saying "So this is how the Alliance treats their warriors? " Gurw said, Not makign any eye contact whatsoever.

I couldn't speak. for fourteen cycles someone used me as a propaganda poster? and it took the Alliance fourteen cycles to realize i was missing? My mind was racing.

Another round of rumbling hit.

"Gurw, what's that rumbling?"

He did not respond.

"Gurw?"

"Gurw?!"

"It's another Raid. They've been growing rather brave since you've been gone. They've been coming in waves, attacking the Main territory mostly, and the meeting place known as Bastion. No one's been injured...but it's only a matter of time until they over take us."

I didn't even say a word. I got off the cot, grabbed Fire's fury and slowly, clumsily headed up the grand staircase to the surface to join the fight.

Curiously, Gurw did not try to stop me.

'Heh, maybe he wants me dead' my thoughts seemed to say.

When i got out there, it was a total mess. Wounded lying in bloody heaps all over the place, the Main building where i met Alyyiah was in shambles, The walls of Havvion were lying in ruin.

People were fighting their hearts out, but what i was seeing was probably the most haunting thing i've ever witnessed in my life. I saw no Epics, or Pros, or Even The Three Commanders; instead i saw Awesomes and Engineers fighting to literally the point where they could no longer move;

And they were losing.

I guess my instincts took over, because at that point, regardless of my wounds, i rushed in and did whatever i could to help anyone i saw. I fought along those who were outnumbered, scorching the Northern Raiders, either killing them or forcing them to retreat.

I gave medical aid in the form of healing potions i uhm..."borrowed" from Gurw when i was in the Library.

==Meanwhile in the Library of the Ancients==

WHO THE FUCK TOOK ALL OF MY HEALING POTIONS?!" Gurw yelled, to the point where the master Chandelier was shaking.

==Back to the Battle==

WHile i was giving aid to one fallen engineer, he began to talk.

"*cough* wh-who are you?" he said very weakly.

"Relax, i'm on your side" Was all i said before i jumped back into battle.

As quickly as i came into battle, the raiders left; people began cheering, saying we won, how we drove them off, but something was wrong. Very wrong.

I heard a low humming noise in the air. It could only mean one thing.

"EVERYONE LISTEN! I WANT ANYONE WHO IS ABLE TO, CARRY THE INJURED TO THE LIBRARY OF THE ANCIENTS! WE ONLY HAVE A SHORT TIME BEFORE IT ARRIVES!" I shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Before what arrives" some engineer said.

"Before the airships arrive." i said monotone.

As those who could were carrying the injured down the stairs, i kept watch for the impending danger.

then, without warning, it happened.
The Airships fired barrage after barrage of fire charges, flaming arrows, and dropping charges, destroying the landscape.
They kept this up for a good while until the land was nothing but cinders and ashes.

After the airships left, our "reinforcements" arrived in the form of five pros, 2 epics, and one of the three commanders, the one known as Ozy.

"What transpired here?" Ozy said.

"Well sir, you see, i don't know how it started, as i was out of the beginning of the battle, but frim what i have seen and gathered we were attacked by Northern raiders, as the uniforms they were wearing only come from that region. After we were able to drive them back, they fled. WHen we thought it was over, they sent in half a dozen airships, and you get the rest."

He looked around; "I don't see any bodies."

"Yes sir, i had everyone who was able bring our injured down to the Library, right before the Airships came."

"What is your ranking?" He asked me.

"I'm a Vice Captain, or engineer sir." i answered as seriously and respectfully as i could, despite my wounds.

"And you took charge of the battle?" He asked.

"I did."

"I see, if that is the case, then you are stripped of your ranking." He said and removed my Arm band; it's actually a headband meant to be worn as such, but i always chose to wear it around my arm.

"W-what? why?" i asked, in a very surprised and angry voice.

"Why?" He reeled in on me, "You know as well as any vice captain should that when there is no Awesome to report to, that Pro, Epic and Commander, respectively, are the ones who issue orders during battle."

"Then where the fuck were you?!" I yelled.

"What did you say?" Ozy said without Hesitation.

"You heard me! If that's the code of conduct on the battlefield, where the fuck were any of your pros or epics, or yourself for that matter? None of you arrived until the END of the battle! I just saved hundreds, possibly thousands of lives in the alliance no thanks to you, and you're treating me like some petty criminal!"

"You watch your place." Ozy said very sternly.

"Fuck no! You all took your sweet time doing nothing while we almost gave our lives to save countless civilians, meanwhile Sebastian is still in a civil war, and that reminds me; WHY DID IT TAKE THE ALLIANCE FOURTEEN CYCLES TO SEND A SEARCH PARTY TO GET ME!?" i yelled, at this point, i had nothing to lose. i lost my rank and respect, everyone i know is either dead or dying from the battle.

"We did not have sufficent briefing on the situation of Sebastian to determine if a search party was needed." Was all Ozy said.

"WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG YOU? I WAS USED AS A PROPAGANDA POSTER FOR FOURTEEN FUCKING CYCLES! I COULD'VE BEEN DEAD!"

"Acceptable loss. a sad one, but it would have been acceptable." He said without making eye contact; though to be fair, it was kind of hard to tell, his head was a bullseye target in black and white.

That's when i lost it.

I punched him square in the mouth with all the force i had left in me, enough to send him back a few meters.
The pros and epics were surprised that i did that; they remained motionless.

"AN ACCEPTABLE LOSS?! LETTING A LIFE PERISH TO SAVE YOUR OWN HIDE IS ACCEPTABLE!? THAT ISN'T ACCEPTABLE, THAT'S COWARDICE YOU BASTARD!" i yelled.

Ozy said nothing. He merely got up, and moved his arms and said one word.

"Imprison."

With that, i couldn't move any of my limbs. He looked at me and said that i had spoken out of turn, assaulted a commanding officer, etc... i tuned out to the rest of what he was saying.

"You shall be known as the deserter. Begone." With that, he moved his arms in one direction, which made me pass out.

When i regained conciousness for the umpteenth time, i was flat on my back in a desert.

I was in the Wastelands.

, with a devilishly handsome and notably familiar Obsidian Man sitting next to you; still drinking from that seemingly never-ending bottle of amber liquid, and the Legendarily Insulting Shades of Blasphemous Vulgar Vocabulary laying in their sheaths on the log next to him. He gives you a lopsided grin, downs three large gulps, and tosses a bottle of red fluid at you. "Catch, you insufferable twat-tickling assrancher."

Meanwhile, Vorsprung was doing something and waiting for his character development to be introduced into the story.

"If Canadians can get guest roles by asking, then surely I can too, by being subtle."

Meanwhile, Moondoggy, in an effort not to be out-done, writes a witty post that outdoes any posts before or after it. It was the best post ever seen by people who read those sorts of things. Clearly, Moondoggy's wit and humor had won out once again.

If I may be serial for a moment: I like this series, and I'm glad to see it back. I feel that this chapter could've spent some more time in the oven. It felt rushed. I think that's the best vague response I can give.

@Moondoggy, welp, if it helps, no matter how long i make them, they still feel rushed to me; even if i spend a year (which i did for the very first blog in this series) i still think it gets rushed a bit. i dunno

Back