• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

T9K Members "Back in the day" with That_Taco_Guy

RioDeal

Hey there T9K members!

Its Rio here doing a little blog interview with are Members of "back in the day" games.
you know what i mean, when we use to play those games as a kid, doing are best, freaking out
and painful moments when we played are favorite games. Today we talk to our crunchy Pal That_Taco_Guy!

Rio:Taco, welcome to the Show

Taco: honored to be on! ^^

Rio: Taco, where are you from and how long have you been with here on Team9000?

Taco: I'm from Ecuador in South America, though originally I'm from Tennessee in the United States. I've been here on T9k 796 days or 2 years, 2 months, 4 days, excluding today.

796 days can be converted to one of these units:
68,774,400 seconds
1,146,240 minutes
19,104 hours
113 weeks (rounded down) ^_^

Rio: Wow, I'm not sure how many hours or seconds I've been on here :confused:

Rio: Moving on, what is your favorite game when you were a kid?

Taco: Meh, I didn't really play much video games as a kid. I was pretty boring. >_> But I distinctly remember liking Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time

Prince_of_Persia_The_Sands_of_Time_(GC)_(NA).jpg

Rio: Prince of Persia, I have that game for the xbox and it was really a nice game. but the game got gory with the "warrior with in" but still, lots of goodies and for those of you that don't know what the game is about Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time is a 3D platformer which focuses on acrobatics and agility. Throughout much of the game, the player must attempt to traverse the palace by running across walls, ascending or descending chasms by jumping back and forth between walls, avoiding traps, climbing structures and jumping from platform to platform, making other types of well-timed leaps, solving puzzles, and using discovered objects to progress.

Rio: Taco, any challenges you had to deal with any levels?

Taco:I remember in Prince of Persia , there was this one part where you encounter the Palace Defense System puzzle , at the end there's a part where the guy gets turned into a sand creature himself.

I was terrified at the very sound of him being turned into one of them and didn't play further. I actually really beat the game a year or two ago, when I wasn't such a pansy.

Rio: I know what you mean, I remember playing PS1 game of a skateboarder as he would be chased by a security guard with a teaser and it would freak me out.

Rio: Any of your best moment when you beat the game?

Taco:Finishing it was a great accomplishment. The movie was wonderful too. Although it was a bit obvious, the ending.

Rio: yeah, one when the prince tells Farah it was "just a story" XD

Rio: do you still have the game? or you got rid of it?

Taco:The console which I finished the game on, my Gamecube, is still with me and I have the game, yeah. I've been meaning to play through it again.

Rio:the game still has a replay value, for those who want to know what rate the game was given by IGN for the gamecube is 9/10 which is awesome.

if you like this blog interview please leave a nice comment to our crunchy Friend That_Taco_Guy.
And while your at it, make sure you tune in next week for another "Back in the day" interview and are
blog question of the week is "who do you think is the baddest character in the Prince of Persia series?"
Let us Know, Maybe Taco Guy will give out a itune gift card ;) This is Rio signing out.

Not sure if english is your first language. You kept using 'are' in place of 'our'. "... our Crunchy Friend That_Taco_Guy".

Answer to blog question: I have no clue. Played 2 minutes total of Prince of Persia. I would go with the guy from the original, because his traps seemed worse.

Rio, I've never had a chance to ask you...is English your primary language? I ask because you make mistakes common to those who speak the language fluently, but are still working on their mastery of the written word.

EDIT: Oh, loved the blog btw. Maybe make them longer in the future? More questions, more dialog....hell, you could do a podcast if you really wanted.

Not sure how I should feel about this...

Granted, I have fallen off the wagon when it comes to making the GTKAGs...it only makes sense someone else would try to do something like it.

EDIT: Y'know...I'm fine with this blog, in all honesty. Is it similar to GTKAG? Yeah, but it is different and the focus is on only one game, rather than a series of random, usually unrelated questions (Like GTKAG is). Seeing this blog has reminded me of how poorly I've been keeping up with the GTKAGs, so I'm going to make an effort to change that.

Great blog, Rio. Keep up the work, and I think the baddest (toughest) character in the Prince of Persia series has to be the levels themselves. I always found myself (at least in the PSX version) rage quitting more because I couldn't time my jumps right than fighting any of the enemies. I found the fighting system to be fun and cool.

I'm not sure how to respond to this. Reserving this spot....

Edit: Yeah, whatever. It's not like interviews can possibly "ripped off" from someone else.

I like the more conversational format of conducting the interviews. I do feel this is similar to the GTKAG's, but I feel the specificity of the topic being a game you used to play 'back in the day' sets it apart from the shorter and more general questions asked in the GTKAG's. Would love to see more.

I enjoyed Prince of Persia even if I never did beat it. It was a great action platformer and the narration was amusing.

Back