Team Fortress 2 announcement thread.

_Joostb

Hello T9k people, I heard you like tf2. So do I. Therefore, we must have some nice events, with epic kills, heroic attacks, great dominations and sweet revenges. Now that we have this awesome launch thingy, we can arrange this all by ourselves. I made this thread specially for this, this is how it works:
  • You ask me to announce it.
  • I announce it in this thread.
  • Everybody watches this thread, so everybody knows about it.
  • Comment if you are going to join.
  • Everybody joins the server we made for this and plays tf2.
  • It is awesome.

First announcement:
25 January, 15:00, GMT+1.
Host: _Joostb
People who join:

Please share this thread, https://t9k.me/1lV

So this is like asking woot to run a TF2 server, but you're doing it?
nope, we can launch our own servers now, with launch.team9000.net
But with this thread, it will be like semi-official, because it isnt that random anymore. I hope we can get more t9k people together in one server this way.

nope, we can launch our own servers now, with launch.team9000.net
But with this thread, it will be like semi-official, because it isnt that random anymore. I hope we can get more t9k people together in one server this way.
That's right, forgot about that.
But still, IMO this doesn't really require a thread.

That's right, forgot about that.
But still, IMO this doesn't really require a thread.
I think we need one, because we allways used to announce the bigger events on the forums. With this new launch function there will be more unofficial events, so we need a thread like this to make sure people know about it.

I think we need one, because we allways used to announce the bigger events on the forums. With this new launch function there will be more unofficial events, so we need a thread like this to make sure people know about it.
It would probably be better if it wasn't you who was in-charge and anyone who wanted to host a server themselves can post "Anyone want to play now?". Because you aren't in the time-zones of everyone, so that leaves a fairly large amount of people out of the loop. People also have School and work to contend with along with that.

It would be better if this was still the "TF2 Announcement Thread". Although anyone who wanted to plan their own server can organize it.

This seems like entirely too much work. If I want to plan a tf2 event I usually just start yelling at people until they play. This of course leads to a belligerent group of people begrudgingly playing team fortress.

IT WORKS, I SWEAR.

This seems like entirely too much work. If I want to plan a tf2 event I usually just start yelling at people until they play. This of course leads to a belligerent group of people begrudgingly playing team fortress.

IT WORKS, I SWEAR.
This is exactly what I mean, you can just simply jump onto mumble and see who want's to play with you.

It would probably be better if it wasn't you who was in-charge and anyone who wanted to host a server themselves can post "Anyone want to play now?". Because you aren't in the time-zones of everyone, so that leaves a fairly large amount of people out of the loop. People also have School and work to contend with along with that.

It would be better if this was still the "TF2 Announcement Thread". Although anyone who wanted to plan their own server can organize it.

yeah that is true, but i think we will announce the bigger events days before, so i have enough time to see this and edit my post , so it will be on the front page of this thread. If you want to announce a smaller one, go ahead, but if you announce it shorttime before it starts, i think you will not get many players.

IT WORKS, I SWEAR.

Sounds like a good solution too, i will try both :D

yeah that is true, but i think we will announce the bigger events days before, so i have enough time to see this and edit my post , so it will be on the front page of this thread. If you want to announce a smaller one, go ahead, but if you announce it shorttime before it starts, i think you will not get many players.
You know that no one is going to pay any attention to this thread ever again, right?

IT WORKS, I SWEAR.

It only works when you do it, Newspaper. At least on me. Something about hearing your voice...it makes me want to do things...

Don't we already have threads like this? pointless thread is pointless
tumblr_lyl47tCrpC1r4hj4x.jpg

Back