• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Team9000 Across America

Wooty

Staff member
Team9000 Across America -- The world's first real-life, international, road-trip, where you help choose the outcome!

As we gear up for the first leg of the trip, we already need your help! The map below consists of our approximate driving route, as well as all the mandatory and suggested stops so far. Know of something or someplace cool in the red area? This is where you do your part!

Either make your suggestion in the blog comments below, or to for private suggestions, simply email it to us.

Amusement parks? Giant weird monuments? Museums? I'll see and do it all -- on camera!

[taamap][/taamap]

As I said on the YouTube channel, stop in Palmyra/Hershey and we can go to Hershey Park and Chocolate World. Awesome rides, especially Storm Runner and Fahrenheit which is a coaster with a vertical ascension and negative angle drop. Plus you get to hang out with the Legend, and one other member who is in Mechanisburg but his name escapes me.

EDIT: Saw you marked it. Hurray!

You can make a pit stop in Jacksonville for a good home cooked meal and you can hang out with Godlib in the process. You are more than welcome to crash here. But as far as suggestions on where to stop, Orlando is a definite, I would say Head to the Orlando Science Center. You could always go to Islands of Adventure, Universal Studios, Sea World, Aquatica, Legoland, Disney, Wonder Works, Old Town, Ripley's Believe it or Not, I could go on forever.

Also, Historic St. Augustine is a really great place to visit, you can tour the Fort, all the old shops. A lot of History there.

Jacksonville all we really have is MOSH (Museum of Science and History) which doesn't really hold a candle to the Orlando Science Center, but we have the Jax Zoo which is always fun.

Godlib will probably have more to contribute but our home is always open, and we could put you guys up in a resort in Orlando near the attractions as well.

Either meet me in New Orleans or Hattiesburg Mississippi. We can enjoy some fun and party on Bourbon Street at my uncles club! Just give me about a week or two notice of what day you will be passing by me. I have summer classes so if it does happen it needs to be a weekend. Can't wait to meet up with you.

Go to Six Flags New England in Massachusetts and ride the best steel roller coaster in the world, Bizarro :D 221ft drop, 77mph, tons of airtime, tunnels, mist, on-ride audio, and it used to have flame cannons. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28uv8rGxoak Also ride the Boulder Dash at Lake Compounce in Connecticut. It is awesome and I have been on it 864 times :D

Also Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey is the park with the best coasters in my opinion. They have the tallest coaster in the world (456ft), Nitro which is a awesome steel B&M, and El Toro which is close to the best wooden coaster in the world.

I would 100% recommend Six Flags New England. It doesn't have too many good coasters besides Bizarro, but it is the best roller coaster in the world. It is an amazing coaster, better than anything else. There is also a new audio soundtrack on it with AC/DC, Disturbed, and Papa Roach :D

You should cliff dive at Horsehoe Lake in Jasper National Park, and then head to the Miet hot springs. The Canadian Rockies are some of the most beautiful mountains in the world, and you should take the opportunity to visit them.

On your way through Alberta, stop in at West Edmonton Mall and take a ride on the Mindbender - the world's largest indoor triple loop roller coaster; you should also stop at the World Waterpark, the Muttart Conservatory, walk through the Edmonton River Valley, and take in the sights of Edmonton in general. We've often been called the friendliest city on the continent - until we get in a car. I would advise staying out of your vehicle as much as possible while in city limits.

Very cool! Before heading up into Canadia, take a stop in the Seattle area. If you like outdoor adventures, there are some amazing hikes to be had, as well as Mt. Ranier. Aside from the standard tourist traps like the Space Needle and Pike Place Market, I really like the Museum of Flight and History/Industry. You might find this page helpful: http://www.techflash.com/seattle/2009/08/The_Geeks_Guide_to_Seattle_53810857.html A ways south is Wild Waves theme park. Only a few coasters, but a decent-sized water park.

Not sure how out-of-the-way it'd be, but near Coeur d'Alene Idaho is Silverwood theme park as well, they've got lots of awesome stuff.

Hm...Darien Lakes (amusement Park) in Buffalo New York (I can't guarantee me not stalking you there o.0) Also Kennywood (another amusement park) in Pittsburgh PA. These two come from me living close to them (I used to live close to Kennywood, but moved up near Niagra Falls) EDIT: Oh, and while in Pittsburgh, hit up Permanti's and also if you want the best hibachi food ever, go to Hibachi Japan in Canonsburg, PA (about 30 minutes away from pittsburgh, I could walk to it from my old house :p). Make sure you ask for a lollypop when you leave hibachi japan if you go. Free tootsie pops :D

So I see you're headed to Wisconsin Dells! Waterpark capital of the world, FTW. But while you're going there, make a stop in Wisconsin's capital, Madison. Here you can do a ton of things!

You can:
-Visit the Henry Vilas Zoo, make cuddles to the animals.
-Catch a show at the overture center for the arts, there's plenty of things to see here, and you'll have a great time.
-Take a look at some art at the Chazen Museum of art, of the Madison Museum of contemporary arts.
-Go to the state capitol building. It's an amazing building that has great architecture.
-The list is nearly endless, so if you want to know what to do here, go here: https://t9k.me/1Do

I would recommend the Space Needle whilst heading through the Northwest, one hellova view. You could also stop in Vancouver, WA and say 'Hi' on the way through.

Back