• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Team9000 Battle for Earth: Episode 4

Godliberator

Monitors flicker to life as Godliberator, Beese, and Ozy bring the command center back online.

“Everything appears good to go. The engineering department made quick work installing those new power generators and now I hear they are excavating deeper underground to expand the facility.” Said Ozy

“You heard correct, I approved the order two days ago and they already have the service elevator’s installed and are excavating outward” answered Godlib. “They think they may be able to locate some steam vents and install some thermogenerators to gather power from the vents. It sounds ambitious, but it is better to let them do their thing it seems”

A large hologram of earth blooms to life in the center of the room and several dots of activity flicker across its surface.

“Well, that is quite impressive” said Beese. “That would have come in handy back home.

“This is the Global Communications Defense Network, code name “Seraphim” which was developed under the co-operation of scientists and engineers from over ninety six different countries. This uses a network of detection systems, including radar, radio, satellite and light waves to create a real time report of any movement on the planet from the surface to just inside of the moon’s orbit. The system is not perfect by any means, there are still several blind spots, and it requires constant maintenance to keep it running smoothly and effectively. It has given us the edge we need to continue this fight.”

Godliberator walks to a panel on the rear wall and picks up the handset and dials before bringing it up to his ear.

“Everything in command good to go you guys. Power up successful. Thank you for everything.”

Godlib presses down the switch hook on the wall before depressing and dialing once again.

“Yes Corporal, will you come and join us in the command.”

Not two minutes after Godlib hung up, Ollee appears at the open door to the command center and gives a quick salute.
Godlib returns the salute and asks that the men join him at the operations desk.

“I called you here to brief you on a recon and recovery mission that I will be leading. I am pushing the details to the main screen now.”

The large center screen sprang to life and several lines of code ran across it before the briefing documents appeared on screen.

“This mission will be code named “Operation Bloody Palace”. We have received word of an abduction site in Rio de Janero, Brazil, at what was one of the mansions owned by Eike Batista. This site was discovered too late to save any civilians but the surveillance from the drones that were sent over show that the aliens have set up an a few defenses and we are needed to re-capture the position and capture any enemy technology from the area.. Ollee, I want you and Pixiel to provide sniper cover on the mission. Beese, I want you with me. I would love to see what you can do. I will be bringing in Wooty to run support on this mission as well.”

“Resistance?” asked Ozy

“Reports show minimal resistance on site, we are not sure on how heavily fortified the buildings are. Things could get loud so we will should move fast and stay sharp. Also, we do have a secondary objective on this mission. Research wants us to bring back a corpse alive if at all possible. They just completed a device called the arc thrower….which as best I can tell, is a gigantic stun gun. This mission will be the test run on this, so if given the opportunity to use it, be sure to report your findings back to research Beese”

“Wait, What!?!?”

“Oh, also, Beese, you will be the one testing the arc thrower, I did fail to mention that. Moving on, we…”

“Wait, why me? I just got here”

“Moving on, we should have…”

“No, seriously, is this thing even safe, have they even tested it here?”

“I was told it was perfectly safe. I will get you the manual; it will be the easiest six hundred or so pages you will read. Moving on…”

“I jus…”

“Moving ON!...we should have sufficient cover if we move in from the south side of the estate. Our drop zone is two miles south from the site. Mission is scheduled to launch tomorrow at 0500. Ollee I want you to brief Pixiel tonight and do gear checks. I will bring Sonic up to speed, and Beese, Head down to research and get familiarized with the arc thrower.”

The briefing ends, and the preparations for the mission begin. Godlib brought Sonic up to speed, Ollee brought Pixiel up to speed, and Beese, with much reservation, went to the research department to familiarize himself with the arc thrower.

Four hours later, Beese returns to the barracks. Moondoggy and Conrod fall over laughing upon seeing him. Beese”s hair is standing on end, and he has burn marks across his clothing and some of his fingers have been bandaged.

“Oii, The fuck happened to you mate?” Casham asked with a bit of a chuckle.

“Don’t ask.” Beese responded. “I am going to clean up and go the hell to bed.”

Beese walks directly past everyone and heads to the showers.

“THAT, was one of the funniest fucking things I have ever seen.” Said Moondoggy as he held his stomach and attempted to stifle his laughter. “I can’t fucking breathe, my ribs hurt so bad.”

Casham laughs. “I don’t know what happened to him, but remind me to never go to RnD to help test anything.”

The next morning, the gear was double checked and stowed, flight checks were completed, and the team took off to Rio.

Several hours later the team landed, went weapons ready, and began the hike towards the abduction site.

The once beautiful estate was utterly demolished. The scars of battle were seen everywhere as the team entered the perimeter. The team silently made its way through a debris field towards the back side of the mansion. A burned out helicopter remained smoldering on the helipad. Several support vehicles were scattered across the grounds around the two maintenance buildings.

“Ollee, Pixiel, I want the both of you on over watch, keep a safe distance and provide cover for the team. The rest of us will move through the site and clear the area.”

The team’s acknowledgement lights winked in response. Beese, Sonic, and Godlib move towards the building to the west of the helipad moving from cover to cover. Two Sectoids emerge from the building and spot the team, before either of them even has a chance to raise a weapon, Ollee dispatches one with a large caliber round through its head sending the other sectoid retreating back into the building.

“I guess we have abandoned a quiet approach” Beese commented.

Alarms begin to sound and several enemies emerge from the building. Another enemy type emerges as well.

Pixiel’s voice comes over the com, “Heads up guys, several contacts, including one that I am not really sure what I am seeing. They are just floating torsos but they have some big firepower and are moving in on your position.”

Godlib snaps from cover and fires a short burst into a sectoid and ducks back to cover as the sectoid crumples over and a wash of plasma fire screams overhead.

“SON OF A BITCH!” Sonic shouts as he is grazed by plasma energy showering the squad. Sonic hunkers in tighter into his cover.

“Fuck this, I am going to clear some space”

Godlib snatches the rocket launcher from its holster on his back, extends the tube, rolls out of cover and snaps off a shot before diving back to cover. The rocket soars into the front end of a fuel tanker. The shockwave instantly destroys a floater and sends debris flying past the team, and sent some of the enemy into a hasty retreat.

“Very subtle Godlib,” Shouted Beese. “My turn to try out my new toy”

Beese sprints to another point of cover, drops holsters his LMG, and pulls out the arc thrower. Beese primes the device, steps from cover directly behind a floater, and pulls the trigger. The buzz of the immense current emitted from the arc thrower was deafening, and the light it emitted was blinding. The floater was hit full force with the electric current and was immobilized immediately. The crates the floater was using for cover burst into flame from the arc of electricity which passed over it. Beese was thrown backwards from the energy of the arc thrower.

“HOLY SHIT WHAT WAS THAT?” Ollee screamed over the com. “YOU GUYS OK?”

“WOOOOOOOHOOOO BOYS, I CAUGHT US SOME DINNER!!”

“BEESE, WHAT THE BLOODY FUCK!?!”

“This thing works like a charm and I have one bagged and tagged. Although I feel like I have been chewing on aluminum foil and pennies, we are bringing back a live one. HELL YEA!”

A bolt of plasma buzzes past Godlib’s head and he ducks back into cover.

“Beese, one more in the building. Want to bring home another one?

“FUCK YES, I DO! On GO!.... GO!!!”

Godlib sprints to the front of the building and draws the fire from the sectoid inside of the building. Beese runs towards the building and dives through a rear window. Again there is a deafening buzz and blinding light with a ton of smoke as Beese unleashed the fury of the arc thrower on the enemy.

“That…was not as much fun as the first time.” said Beese as he dragged the immobilized sectoid from the building. “I am not sure I will ever get my sense of taste back at this point.”

Pixiel’s voice came across the com “You are a lucky man Beese, now you can eat all the chow you want without that terrible side effect of having to taste any of it.”

“Nobody will ever say that Pixiel does not look at the glass as half full” Sonic replied with a chuckle.

“Pixiel, Ollee, I want you two to move up to this building and provide cover from the roof. Lets secure the captives and finish clearing this site.

Godlib steps out of cover and walks over to Beese to give him a hand with securing the sectoid. As godlib crosses into the open another sectoid hops out of cover at Godlib’s flank. Beese spots the movement and quickly snaps his weapon to his shoulder and fires over Godlib’s shoulder and cuts the sectoid down before he can even fire a shot.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH, SHIT BEESE!!”

Godlib turns to see the remains of the sectoid.

“THANKS!...but FUCK!!

Beese locks another ammo belt into place on his light machine gun and racks the slide back. Pixiel and Ollee get into position on the roof of the building which was cleared by Beese and Godlib. Ollee spots movement in the observatory on the roof across the way and Godlib and Beese make their way up the stairs with Sonic on watch from below.

As Godlib and Beese prepare to breach the door to the observatory, The wall behind beese explodes outwards and showers Sonic in debris. Beese is thrown to the ground in the blast. Godlib strafes the wall and returns fire, killing one of the sectoids held up. Godlib is not able to fully make it to cover before being shot in the leg by the other sectoid and collapsing. Beese collects himself quickly and with his ears still ringing he holds the trigger on his machine gun and watches the sectoid get torn to bits. Beese does not stop firing until the ammo belt clicks empty.

“MEDIC!” Godlib screams in pain.

Sonic rushes up the stairs with weapon raised. Beese is holding pressure on Godlib’s leg and Sonic rushes in and quickly injects the wound with bio-foam.

“GOD DAMNIT!! That stuff is worse than getting SHOT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Sonic bandages Godlib and throws him over his shoulder and carries him down to the ground floor. Beese to be sure the top floor is cleared sets fire to the building before heading downstairs.

“No non-accounted life forms showing on scan. We are all clear here” Ollee said as the team rendezvoused.
Godlib stood, tried to walk, and with a bit of cursing for flavor, was able to walk without too much difficulty.
“Call for dustoff and lets get our guests back home” ordered Godlib

Moments later, their ride landed on location. Sonic secured the prisoners for the trip home and oversaw the recovery efforts, after which, the team made the trip home.

Upon arrival, the prisoners were handed over to the research department who would conduct a full dissection of them before they would be incinerated. Sonic was promoted to Sergeant for his support actions during the mission. Several alien artifacts including plasma weaponry was recovered from the site and were transported to be researched further.

Both Sonic and Godlib are admitted into the infirmary for the wounds they sustained during the mission. The team met in the infirmary with Godlib for debriefing. Ollee and Pixiel were commended for the excellent cover they provided this mission. Their contribution was invaluable. Beese was also highly commended for coming in and kicking as much ass as he could and for his actions he is given the greenlight to create a squad which he will lead on the next mission. The squad finishes the discussion and they all head to the barracks for showers and much needed rest.

To be Continued….

Once again, I hope you all enjoyed reading. If you would like to continue to follow the action or have any input or ideas for the story feel free to post something in the Official Thread for this series. I will be posting an updated team roster on the thread in the near future, and as always, thanks for reading.

just so everyone is aware...squeebz and I had a lengthy discussion about the difference between secure internal landlines and global radar displays....the discussion went nowhere and she just ended up screaming that I got shot in the leg before walking away.

I don't like how you've worded that....For the record, I did not admit defeat by just screaming at you and walking away, if I recall correctly I remember you floundering to defend yourself against the only statement I ever said to you which was, "Your engineers are slacking". You did nothing but shout at me that you've covered your bases when all I saw was a man beaten down with regret about how he worded his story and how he'll never truly be able to fix what he wrote without his OWN wife knowing that he failed to deliver a story with updated technology. And....

YOU GOT SHOT IN THE LEG!

I'm fairly sure you've captured me as a character pretty damn well.
Inappropriate usage of Large weapons, the topic of Hair and shouting things.

10/10 would read again.

Also,

"Beese was also highly commended for coming in and kicking as much ass as he could and for his actions he is given the greenlight to create a squad which he will lead on the next mission"

I like where this is going.

Back