• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Team9000 Battle for Earth: Episode 5

Godliberator

“You boys know the rules; the slowest one of ya gets quarter decked. Blindfolds down gentlemen.”

Casham and Conrod are kneeled down with an assault rifle in front of each of them as Beese shouts instructions.

“Aaaaaaaaand GO!”

The Barracks erupts with shouts cheering each one of them on as they attempt to disassemble and re-assemble the firearms faster than the other.

Gurw leans over to Patchouii from the top bunk. “Want to make this a little interesting?”

“You talking cash?”

“Even better, if Conrod wins, you give me a kiss”

Patchouii gives a loud sigh. “You do this to yourself”

Patchouii grabs Gurw by the ankle and throws him backwards off of the bunk.

“You have never been more attractive to me than you are right now” said Gurw from his crumbled heap.

Patchouii kicks the edge of the bunk and wedges him in between two bunks before walking to another side of the room to cheer on Casham and Conrod.

The pair is moving quickly and with several loud clicks of the bolt Casham shouts “TIME!” only milliseconds before Conrod!

“FUARK! Brah I almost had you”

“Sorry mate, perhaps next time”

Conrod barely has time to take off his blindfold before he has Beese and Ozy in his face, dragging him to the quarterdeck for a good smoking.

“MOUNTAIN CLIMBERS!! 1. 2. 3….GO GO GO!!!”

The team watches as Conrod gets smoked before spotting Gurw. Moondoggy and Pixiel fall over themselves with laughter as KC and Konflakes shove the bunk off of him and help him to his feet.

“When are you going to learn Gurw” asks KC. “some things will never work out.”

“Our children will be beautiful and Canadian” exclaimed Gurw. This once again threw most of the team into hysterical laughter.

Beese and Ozy finished with Conrod who joined the group breathing and sweating heavily.

“What...*gasp*…did I…*gasp*….miss?”

“Gurw apparently made another move on Patchouii and she somehow shoved him upside down between two bunks” responded KC.

“Brah…*gasp*….learn to let that shit…*gasp*…just go. Now Move…I need to die”

Conrod pushed his way past Gurw and flopped onto the nearest bunk and let out an audible sigh of relief.

“I promise I will beat you next time Brah!” he said pointing at Casham

“Not if I can help it, mate. But good luck to you” responded Casham.

Suddenly alarms sound across the base.

“GO TIME, Get geared and get to the flight deck!” shouted Ozy

The team rushes to their bunks and gears up while Ozy, Beese, and Wooty meet with Godliberator in the command operations room. Godliberator greets the team upon their arrival.

“Welcome men, our satellites have detected an alien craft in our vicinity. We dispatched fighter jets and they successfully shot down the aircraft. I need a team at the crash site for recovery of any alien artifacts. We also need to be on the lookout for the Outsider alien type. Research shows that every UFO has one Outsider on board in command of the ship. We need to capture a live Outsider if at all possible on this go. Beese…”

“Goddamnit” muttered Beese

“Beese, you are currently the most qualified to use the arc thrower and make a capture. I want you to lead this recovery mission, codename Crystal Shield. Pick your team, get to the crash site, eliminate or capture any resistance, and clear room for research to recover any artifacts from the ship.”

“AYE SIR”

“You are all dismissed”

The three sergeants snap off salutes which are returned by Godliberator before turning and exiting the room. They double-time it to the armory and quickly gear up, grab their weapons and join the team already geared and waiting on the flight deck.

Beese walks down the line of the team and begins to grab members for his squad. Beese grabs Moondoggy followed by Squeebz. He makes his way down the line, grabs Casham and finally pulls Conrod from the ranks. The newly chosen squad boards the jump jet and the gangplank is raised as the overhead door slides open allowing blinding rays of daylight pierce the air.

The rest of the team is dismissed as the jump jet is rocketed out of the base and towards the crash site. The jet soars over the woods towards the crash site. A large plume of smoke could be seen rising above a large scar torn into the forest from the crash. The team sets down in a nearby clearing and exits into the forest. Beese shoulders the arc thrower and follows the squad down the gangplank.

Beese gathers the squad,

“The site is to our north-east and there is a large debris field we will need to make our way through. Who wants to take point?”

“I vote ladies first” interjected Moondoggy

“Ya know what, fuck you and that comment” Squeebz responded “Just for that I will take point, and try to keep up.”

Squeebz hip checks Moondoggy as she walks past him, throwing him off balance and into a tree.

The team gets into formation with Squeebz at point and begins moving through the debris field towards the downed alien craft.

“Things just seem too quiet around here” commented Moondoggy

“Don’t jinx it mate, if we are lucky they all died in the crash” responded Casham

As the team nears the craft; Squeebz moves ahead to scan for biologics. The team hunkers down to cover her approach. Squeebz does not make it all the way to the craft before two Thin Men show themselves from the left flank and fire at Squeebz who dives behind a large piece of debris to avoid the shots.

Instantly both Casham and Conrod snap their weapons up and eliminate both thin men. Seconds later the ship alarm rings through the forest with a long low note.

“Good kills boys” Beese said as he clapped Conrod on the shoulder. “I believe we are about to have some company. Form up on Squeebz!”

The team pushes forward and finds cover near Squeebz as two thin men dart out from the ship followed by the Outsider type ship commander. The aliens fire a barrage of plasma at the squad which slowly begins to break apart their cover.

“SOMEONE GET EYES ON THAT OUTSIDER!” shouted Beese

Moondoggy quickly peeks his head around from cover and darts back as plasma busts soar over his shoulder and splash off the corner of the log he his hunkered behind.

“TEN YARDS AND CLOSING SERGENT!”

“COVERING FIRE IN THE NEXT BREAK”

Within seconds the plasma ceased and in unison the team unleashed as much fire as possible forcing the Thin Men and the Outsider down behind cover. Beese took this opportunity to leap out from cover with the arc thrower and sprint toward the Outsider. Beese traversed the distance to the outsider in seconds and unleashed the fury of the arc thrower onto the Outsider before he could even raise his weapon. The arc thrower threw Beese backwards into the hull of the spacecraft and left a large cloud of smoke around the team.

The Thin Men fire blindly into the smoke and the squad is forced into cover again. The Thin Men spot Beese as he struggles to his feet. Beese steadies himself against the ship’s hull as the plasma bolts begin to fly past. Beese shoulders his weapon before being knocked backward from the impact of a plasma bolt to his ribs. The force of the impact knocks what was left of the wind he still had after being thrown by the arc thrower. Plasma flies past overhead as he struggles to breathe.

“BEESE IS HIT!!” Shouted Moondoggy

Casham and Conrod look at each other, slam another magazine into their weapons and begin to lay down intense cover fire with Moondoggy. Squeebz sprints to cover on the left flank of one of the Thin Men. She waits for a moment and when no plasma is thrown her way, she knows she was not seen. Squeebz snaps from cover and with a quick burst from her assault weapon, one Thin Man was eliminated and left crumpled in a pool of its own blood. Squeebz was not able to get off another shot as the last remaining Thin Man nearly landed several shots on Squeebz as she dove back to cover.

“I NEED COVERING FIRE!!” shouted Squeebz.

“HOLD FOR A RELOAD!” shouted Moondoggy.

“RELOADING AS WELL MATE!” Casham shouted over to Squeebz.

Plasma washed over Squeebz as the team reloaded their weapons to give cover fire.

“FUCKING NOW!! Shouted Squeebz who was pinned behind a small piece of cover.

A deafening explosion rocked the team and the plasma stopped only to be replaced with a wash of debris. And then everything went silent.

The squad poked their heads over to see what had caused it just in time to see Beese propped up on the broken hull of the ship, smoking rocket launcher in hand, and a large smoking crater where a Thin Man had once been.

Beese could hear his team calling for him as his vision blurred and his hearing began to ring just before everything went dark.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When he opened his eyes, he was in the infirmary back at base, and it was a little hard to breathe. Casham and Conrod were standing over him.

“Oiii, Welcome back mate” said Conrod craning his neck to look directly into his eyes.

“I doubt that the first thing he ever wants to wake up to would be your ugly mug” said Casham as he pushed Conrod back.

“OH GOD, I’ve died and gone to hell, and you two are my punishment”

“Brah, you wish your hell would be that fun” responded Conrod

Beese attempted a laugh before wincing in pain and grabbing his newly bandaged ribs. “I guess I should be thanking you then for getting me out of there. What happened after I blacked out?”

“Nothing you would regret later Lieutenant” said Squeebz pulling the curtain back as she moved to Beese’s bedside with Godliberator.

Beese gave Squeebz a quizzical look.

“You heard right Lt Beese," said Godliberator "For your actions in battle you have been promoted to the rank of Lieutenant. You were not the only one to be promoted though. Conrod, Casham, and Squeebz have all received promotions. Squeebz has chosen to take the role of heavy gunner and will be training with myself and you will join us when you get back on your feet, Conrod has decided to take the assault role and will be training with Ozy, and Casham has decided to take the role of support and will be training with Wooty. Congratulations Lieutenant, I will see you in nine days when they release you.”

With that, Godliberator turned and walked from the room as Moondoggy entered.

“You look like death in a cup, sir. Just wanted to stop in and check on you and inform you that the mission was more successful than expected. Your capture of that Outsider alien has research buzzing and adding to that we recovered a lot of working alien artifacts from the downed ship, including some plasma weaponry. Research has not figured out how we can adopt that technology yet, but I look forward to the day that I can give back a little bit of what was thrown at us.” Moondoggy gave a chuckle “I don’t doubt that you look forward to the same thing Lt.”

Beese sat up a bit in the hospital bed, his ribs causing him to wince in pain as he rose.

“I am just glad the mission was successful, but my first action as Lt…I am going to train one of you on the arc thrower as soon as I am physically able. I will never again be the one to use that in battle, that privilege will be reserved for one of you. I have not decided who as of yet, but I would love a volunteer.”

The group gave each other several quick glances.

“I don’t need to know who will be the one now, I’ll let you all discuss it with the rest of the team, but for now, go away and let me go back to sleep.”

Beese slumped back into his bed, pressed his morphine distribution button twice, and closed his eyes as the team exited the room.

“Who do you think should be the one to carry that thing?” asked Squeebz “I damn sure do not want to be the one to do it”

“I do not believe any of us wants to be the one to carry that thing into a fight, mate, we will just have to see if there is anybody willing to take it, if not, we can let Beese make the decision” Casham responded

“That is what scares me the most, there is no telling who Beese would pick, but for now let’s go break the news to the team”

The four head back to the barracks and break the news to the team about arc thrower training, Beese’s recovery status, and to relay the events of the mission. Emotions run in all different directions as the information is relayed, but the overwhelming feeling of dreading the next few weeks run rampant. Nobody knows what will happen, but they all know they may not like it.

…To Be Continued

As always, I hope that you enjoyed reading another addition to this series. You can follow the thread for this series at this link right here. I always love to hear what you all think and any ideas or opinions are always appreciated. Thank you for reading and look forward to part 6.

Nice job, as always. I'd really like to hear Beese's thoughts on who the arc thrower should go to.
Thinking on it, you've given Beese a powerful decision.

Oh god. In reality, that would be exactly my type of weapon. I've always been fascinated with weapons that make "clean" kills or incapacitate for extended periods of time.

I'd also like to compliment your almost perfect reproduction of my last attempt to court a lesbian whom I was unaware was not so interested in my nether regions. Looking forward to how many more quotes-you-didn't-know-I-actually-once-said you can slip into our burgeoning romance.

EDIT: for anyone who doesn't know what mountainclimbers are....http://www.exrx.net/AnimatedEx/Cardio/MountainClimber.gif

Great read as usual, looking forward to the next one :D
Also, I tend to give arc throwers to my assault class units since they are built to tank hits.

@ Gurw: My body is ready.

@Crane: Whenever the next person dies (still think it's going to be me), there will be more voting, and I'll vote for you. I don't think you're in it yet, because if Godlib had a BAMF from the beginning, the game would be too easy.

Back