• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Team9000 Map

ComradeRenzbro

How did you guys make your map for the server? My brother's making a server and he wants to make a map so he can keep track of peoples buildings and griefers. if someone could help it'd be greatly appreciated

Our map software was actually written by me, because all the existing packages are pretty terrible. The best public one at the moment is probably dynmap (google it). It's got some fancy features, but it lags itself to hell whenever you view it, and the map is full of black holes.

Any pointers at how to write our own? My brothers taking college courses on scripting and such and it could be good practice

It's sort of a low-level deal. We actually cut the map image into tiles for the google system manually - it's not something even I would want to do again.

no the program is written already he just wouldn't want to write it from scratch again.

generating a new map is just a click of a few buttons (give or take)

Back