• You're viewing the Team9000 Archives. These old threads are closed to new comments, but if something interests you or you have a question, feel free to open a new thread in the main forums.

Team9000 Places!!!! #1

Casey

So, I have been playing with the idea of making a blog since Woot gave us the ability (not that long ago actually). It took a little thinking on my part and a lot on a couple others before I decided on what to write about. I don't like to drag on about myself, so I will try not to.

So, if you look around, you will find that the Team9000 community is based all over the world. I would love to write about all those places, but the world is a big place and I don't feel like I have been to enough places to say much about it. I have been to a lot of places in America so I figured, with so many people everywhere, I will write about where I have been to give people a better idea of whats out there. With the amount of People in Team9000, I figure I will hit near everyone eventually, but at the moment I will stick to the Western United states and once I make it around America and have had some time to visit other places in the world, I will fill you guys in on those areas.

I spent a lot of time in California, and in that time I got a chance to see a lot of places. My favorite by far is Yosemite. For all you outdoors people, Yosemite is by far one of the most majestic places I have had the joy of experiencing. Since Yosemite is technically a valley, I would not suggest driving there if you are afraid of heights. The mountain passes are closed in the winter and the roads are all lined on cliff sides sometimes with thousands of feet between you and the next step. However, if you can get past the drive or just get someone else to do it for you, you will find an amazing place bigger and more beautiful than anything you have ever seen (most likely...) There are hundreds of miles to trek if your up for it and if you head there in spring when all the snow is melting, you can see some of the gorgeous waterfalls and even hike up to the top of them if you want. A relatively nice hike would be Vernon falls, as it is on the way up to Glacier point and once you get up there there is an amazing view of the entire valley. I don't want to spend too much time in one area, so another good point about Yosemite is that it is right next to Kings Canyon. This canyon is a little different then Yosemite as it is full of some of the oldest and largest living things in the world. Kings Canyon is home to a Sequoia redwood forest. These trees are definitely a sight and more. Standing next to these things just blows your mind, and once you realize that not only is the tree you're next to gigantic, it has been around since the ancient Egyptians, it's almost overwhelming. The sheer fact that something as beautiful and old as that exists in this world is a testament to how varied and amazing nature can be. Also, if you're looking for something beyond the telluric, just step into the forest near dusk. The trees mixed with the setting sun changes the atmosphere into something completely otherworldly.

For all of you that are not all that outdoorsy, head up north to Ashland, Oregon. As the home of the Oregon Shakespeare festival, there is tons to see and do. There are always plays going on indoors and out, and the actual town has a lot to offer, just walk down to The Plaza and take a stroll on Main street. If you haven't seen a play, go. Even if you aren't interested in that specific play, I would still suggest it as the energy in a play is always above and beyond anything you would expect.

For more city bound people, San Francisco is full of culture, museums, and anything else you could think of (I'll let you figure that one out). Head down to the piers and check out the ocean, but don't go in, as its is ALWAYS freezing, no matter the time of the year (you wouldn't want to go into the water by San Francisco anyways, that would be like saying you're going to go swim across the Hudson). If you're into museums or just want to enjoy a good time out in the sun, head down to Monterey and check out their downtown, or head to one of the beaches (water is still freezing though..) and enjoy some sun. Monterey also has cannery row (never been there :() and is home to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which is huge and has enough to fill an entire day.

I hope this wasn't to bad for my first blog, as I have never done this before. Every place mentioned above I have been to, not including Cannery row so if you have any questions, shoot me a message, as I would be glad to answer. Also, sorry about the horrible grammar and organization as I did not plan this at all and it is late. I will continue moving east as my blogs continue, and my next blog will have whatever the hell I feel like writing about, so if for some reason you get the urge to ask, don't.

Resisting...urge...to...ask....
I've always wanted to goto Yosemite, and you're not helping to control that urge.

You should go, I have been several times and every time it was worth it. Easily. You will go. These are not the droids you... ohh wait, nevermind. You should just go.

I have actually done a lot of traveling over the US as well, Yosemite was spectacular, and cannot truly be described in a way that gives credit to what you see there. I look forward to your next installment of these.

I really love the nature we have here in Calif. The redwoods are one of my favorite places for sure, they make you feel so small. Those giant trees are so old, if only they could talk...

Pfft you missed the best part of California, the mojave desert obviously. Full of nothing except for dirt, joshua trees, and hot.

You should go to Crater Lake Oregon i hear it is truly an amazing place. I went there when I was little so I don't remember it but my parents say it is a really beautiful place.

Singapore. Land of heat, overwhelmingly ridiculously high car prices and (c)rude people. Ossum place.

When you travel, what are you interested in experiencing? The nature, great architecture, maybe foreign cultures and food?

Back